Im Stuck (receiving Ascii Codes) S7

Big_Robo

Hello i'm in need of some help.

I have been tasked with altering a program, i think i have written it correctly but i'm not receiving any data from the QR Scanner. I am trying to compare the data from the QR scanner to the data show in the HMI.

I need someone with more experience to check it over for me. The QR Scanner is a KEYENCE SR-1000.

I have uploaded the original project and my modified version.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbng3xmyy9226q7/AAAw_PA9WPtAFyuQo5xHMHZFa?dl=0

Hi BR, maybe some of the people who maybe be willing to help you are a bit gun shy about opening files elsewhere. So l suggest you download the code on your next post by zipping as per forum rules. Regards Kevin

Hi BR, maybe some of the people who maybe be willing to help you are a bit gun shy about opening files elsewhere. So l suggest you download the code on your next post by zipping as per forum rules. Regards Kevin

oh sorry didn't mean to cause any trouble. Will do that now.

I have not checked you program but here are some pointers that might help you.

Is it a new reader or did it work before your modification?

It was some time since i worked with that reader but there is a setting in the AutoID software to enable/disable advanced handshake. Start with the simple handshake.

Can you see that the reader is triggered inside the AutoID software?

Are you connected to the PLC using the ProfinetInterface or the serial interface?

Have you checked out this example programs from Keyence?

Hi there, been in contact with Keyence they have sent me the correct settings for the scanner.

Haven't had chance to test yet, i really appreciate all the help this PLC lark is a very steep learning curve.