Using Tags In WinCC Flex Direct From S7 Pro

rhill

In another thread it was mentioned that the tags that you use in S7 can be directly accessed from WinCC Flexible. Right now I have been using the DBConverter Excel Tool from Siemens to transfer my tags. Can anyone let me in on the secret to skipping this step during the offline programming?
All of my data at this point is contained in Data Blocks.

Thank you very much,

Rob

Hi rhill.

The secret is that the WinCC Flexible project must be integrated into the STEP7 project. and then you must make the connection between the HMI application and the PLC by explicitly picking the PLC CPU out in the dialog for setting up the connections. Do not specify parameters like profibus or IP addresses yourself. Just point and click to select the CPU.

Then when you add a screen object you have to specify the associated tag. Below the list of allready specified tags, you can see a "folder" containing all the connactable PLCs. You then browse down to find the necessary tag. When you select a tag there it will be specified as the parameter for the screen object AND be added to the list of tags in the WinCC Flexible project.
See the screenshot below:
WinCCFlex_pick_tag.GIF

In WinCC Flexible, there is the function Project .. Integrate in STEP7.
Use that to connect the two together.

And then redefine you PLC connection so that it is done in the correct way.

Odd.

Dont you have the same meu as in the screenshot below ?:
WinCCFlex_integrate_menu.GIF

Maybe it is greyed out like in the screenshot.

Another thing to check is to add a Simatic HMI station in the STEP7 project folder. If the result is a WinCC Flexible project, then it ought to be possible.
If you cannot do this, then something is wrong with the installation of WinCC Flexible.

Make sure you are setup with correct network path to processor (HMI is not hanging in space) by looking at connections in NETPRO.

Netpro1.JPG

Then check check connections are setup with correct path like screen shot. Select it in the columbs not by doing it manualy on settings in Graphic.

Conn1.JPG

Nick