RSView32 - Unable to write tag

hhuong

Hi All,

Currently I am networking several PLCs together (SLC5/04, SLC5/05, ML1500) and used RSView32 to create real time visual manufacturing and monitor the inputs of each PLCs. The communication protocol I used here is Ethernet. Therefore, I had 1761-NET-ENI for SLC5/04 and ML1500 to communicate via Ethernet. I had created DDE/OPC topic for each PLC in RsLinx. So, I was able to monitor the PLCs I/O address in RSView32.

However, I am trying to write a value to a tag, but i was unable to do it. I use both toggle and set command in RSView32, and I can see RSLinx is sending packets to the specific PLC. But the PLC input didn't have any response.

Does anyone encounter any of this problem before?

Thanks

Regards,
Herbert

Is there anything in the PLC programm writing to this input,bit,word
or whatever address it is you are trying to change. This may be over writing your RSView32 write,

Actually i just want to perform a simple task like turn on a specific input of a PLC.

For Example, I want to turn on the input I:1/0 of SLC5/04. I use Set command in the RsView32. At the bottom of the RsView32 stated "write value 1 to Tag'Input_1'". There is no error warning. I assume RsView32 was able to send out the command. But I guess the PLC didn't receive the command from RsView32.

You can't do that, only the PLC can control its inputs and outputs.
You can write to binary,integers,floating points,timers,counters etc.
Not "I" or "O" maybe to outputs if the PLC is not controlling it but I would not do it.

Last edited:
You are right, Mickey!
I had made two mistakes here. The problems are:

First, I try to write a value to physical input and output which is not allowed. Second, when I try to write a value to a binary bit B3:0/0, the plc don't respond because in my program the binary bit was also controlled by Input. Therefore, the input overwrite my RsView write command.

Thanks for all the information, Mickey.