Schneider Unity Pro DDT

travispedley

Ok, M3040 with NOC0401
Fanuc Ethernet/IP Slave (20Bytes In/Out)
DDT created and defined by DTM as Array of BYTE(0..19)
I created my own DDT that breaks down the 20 bytes of data into data types that are useable by me (CycleStart, FaultReset, etc.) My DDT is 20 bytes long using a mixture of BOOL and BYTES.

How in the world do I do what I've been doing in AB for years?

just copy the 20 bytes of input data from the fanuc to my DDT?
In 1 instruction. i realize i could hardcode all 96 of my I/O but damn, I really don't want to.

Looks like it should work, thanks for the help!!
FYI, I called Schneider before i posted this question, they told me I just had to map everything by hand or use BYTE_TO_BIT. I should have known better and just came here first.

this is quick example of array converting without need of located memory areas, should work also for bytes.
It is maybe possible on DDT side that you configure different data types beforehand

Last edited: