use plc with others pc in network

tomkens

hi friends
we have a computer network in our firm(ethernet,mix network(win98 ,win xp,win 2000)) )
one of these pc is conected to siemens plc(s7-300) with pc adaptor
I 'd like to use plc with other pc in network, is it possible?
how can i do it?does it need any extra device?please help me.

I Should not be a problem
1.You need the adaptors to your PLC to Ethernet.
2.set new IP to your PLC.
3.Set new IP to your PC if it needed.This PC can be part of your network and when you go to your PLC program he will create connection to the PLC through the Ethernet.
Thats it.

You could use software to take over the PC in question from a distance. Examples of such software are PCAnywhere (not free) and VNC (Virtual Network Computer - free). I'm managing my server with VNC from my user PC. VNC comes in Windows and Unix (or is it Linux) versions, don't know about PCAnywhere. I'm sure there are other solutions out there.

Kind regards and good luck!

dear friends
I saw an icon in control panel(simatic workstation) that we can set ip address and other
network features I jumped to this conclusion that we can use it for this subject
does anyone know about it?