Cannot Access MS SQL Server to Intouch

Jerry321

Hi, I want to connect the Intouch and MS SQL Server. But now I cannot access the SQL Server into MS SQL Server, the message was showing Invalid authorization specification.

Action Script:
IRC=SQLConnect( ConnectionID, "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=JERRY;Initial Catalog=dbtest;User Id=;Password=");
mErrMsg = SQLErrorMsg( IRC );
LogMessage( "SQL Error: " + mErrMsg );
Show "Warning";

Thanks for reply, what meaning is 'user actually in the database'? Can u explain about it?

When i open the MS SQL, it showing a window 'Connect to Server', and selected window authentication, does it mean that I connected to SQL Server?

And also how do I define that user have permission on the database? How can I approve the permission?

I have none knowledge in this field, can you explain to me what I need to connect SQL server to intouch? Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/T9b19
I capture some picture for reference

Last edited:
#1: SQL can be set up to use Windows Authentication, and it can also use dedicated logins created under Security in SQL server.
#2: Windows authentication should really only be used on either a stand-alone box, or on a domain.
#3: Even if the user is permitted to access the server, in order to access a specific database under the server, additional permissions are required.
#4: This is all more complicated since SQL 2012 or so, where global permissions were pretty much eliminated.
#5: I'm not sure how the SQLConnect statement operates, but in the connection string, I'm not sure the "User ID" and "Password" tokens are valid. Give it a shot with "uid" and "pwd"
#6: If you are connecting through a data source defined in windows ODBCAD32.exe (or the control panel) make sure the source completely works there and is setup correctly. For 64 bit systems, make sure the datasource is set up for the proper bit-depth depending on your program.

Note, this really isn't a simple topic without some background understanding, are there any examples?

Now I am able connect the SQL server into intouch.

I figure out that I need to login into sql server first before connect to the Intouch.

Stucking in "no process is on the other end of the pipe" when I login into sa server but solved the problem after change the hide instance statement from MSSQLSERVER PROTOCOLS to yes .

Thanks for the advice.