Holding brake wiring for hosting application

Thanks Ipc921, I understand that there's a rectifier in the motor/box housing. I haven't seen it.

I contacted Lenze and their reply is :
"[FONT=&quot]The manual does not specify a surge suppressor.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Refer to attachment.[/FONT]"
I added their attachment with this post.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Yes, the drawing looks good for the Lenze drive since it's same as what the manual suggests. I thought we are arguing whether the MURR suppressor is necessary on the three phase brake.

I don't know that we're arguing at all :D but yes I am curious as to why one needed that much suppression and the other didn't without getting in the mind of the designer. It's for learning not troubleshooting, not yet anyway.

Kal

Similar Topics

Hello all. I have retro-fit new servo amps and motors into an ancient machine. I am accustomed to using 24VDC from a switching PSU to energize and...
Replies
Views
Hi experts I am doing a project involving Siemens Motor 1FT7068-5AF70-ABB0 with HOLDING BRAKE Can some one please explain to me what is the...
Replies
Views
I have a machine with 6 Kinetix 5700 Drives powering MPM motors attached to Box Ways with ball screws. My problem seems to be a high holding...
Replies
Views
My first time using a SEL 3350 RTAC (or any RTU for that matter). Setting up with most Modbus TCP functions - both Server and Client - seems...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently most of the way done with my first experience with "Industrial Control Panel" building... quotes because, as you'll see, this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom