mitsubishi A series how old?

just a quick one just started a new job as a process engineer!!! and haveing the tour of the plant from various people trying to pick there brains as much as possiable and i was told that they were worried about the old plc !!!!! which as an A series mits didn,t note the exact model but i was under the impression up untill now!!!! that mits started out with the f range like the f1 and f2 moved onto the fx then fxon and so on through the fx famaily and then the A series well i know the fxon might of came after the A series and then up to pressent time with the q range

So Am I right in thinking that the A series is somewhere around 10 years old or have i been miss lead over the years ???????

AnU/QnU service/spare parts untill 2012. Still in stock untill Oct2005.

Previous types:QnACPU, QnACPU-S1, Q4ARCPU, A38xx, AJ71QCxx, AJ71QLPxx, AJ71QBRxx, AJ71QLRxx, AJ72QLPxx, AJ72QBRxx, AJ71QExx, AJ61Qxx, AJ71Q6xx, Q1MEMxx, A61Rxx, A67Rxx, A32Rxx, A33Rxx, A37Rxx, A68Rxx, AS92Rxx, A6RAF,
AnUCPUxx, A32xx, A35xx, A38xx, A6xx, A5xx, AnNMCA-xx, AnUMCA-xx, A6xxPxx, AcxxB, AXxx, AYxx, A42xx, AG6xx, AIxx, A68xx, A61xx, A60xx, A62xx, AD61xx, AD75xx, AD70xx, AD71xx, AD72xx, A61LSxx, A64xx, AD51xx, AD59xx, AS91, AJ71Ucxx, AJ71C2xx, AJ71Apxx, AJ71Arxx, AJ72xx, AJ71Atxx, AJ72Txx, AJ71LPxx, AJ71BRxx, AJ71LRxx, AJ72LPxx, AJ72BRxx, AJ72LRxx, AJ71Exx, AJ51Txx, AJ61xx, AJ71PBxx, AJ71DNxx

NOTE! If you have AnS/QnAS (smaller baseunit) do not worry. Those are still in production. If you are thinking new Qn-series => there are base units that you can use QnCPU and your current I/O-modules (with restrictions of course). Programs are quite easy to convert newer CPU. Special module may be more diffucult. Addressing are similar so it might be quite easy to replace whole PLC... or not?

Tmu

At least 10 years old

Good luck with your new job.I came across the A series in 1994.

Steve

cheers Stevez just finished my first week and all is good so far!!! should be quite agood job i is gone from being a supervisor which when i tock the posistion over two years ago i thought it would of got me away from haveing todo so many breakdowns freeing up my time to get more into plc stuff and process control but they never replaced me so i ended up doing twice is much work my old job and my new one!! But now i is been taken on as a process engineer at the moment just getting to know the sites apparently there are 3 but i will be on the main site for the first few weeks ITS ALL GOOD !!!