RSLogix 5 pro and Toolkit

R_Krug

I have some software that requires the use of rslogix 5 professional (Auvesey Octohub) But now that Rockwell no longer offers Pro licensees I am a bit at a loss. After talking with several techs from rockwell one suggested purchasing the enterprise toolkit which he "thought" would allow me to generate my own 5 pro licensees as needed o_O. I have no experience with the toolkits but they look like a possible solution.
Does any one know if this sounds like a plausible solution or if another option I haven't considered exists?

Nor was I until we ran into issues with integrating with octoplant, pro version among other things allows other programs to interact with it via visual studio I guess...

Nor was I until we ran into issues with integrating with octoplant, pro version among other things allows other programs to interact with it via visual studio I guess...

Are you sure it isn't a pro version of RSLinx Classic that you need?

I have never heard of 3rd party software that interacts with RSLogix 5, but it used to be quite common for 3rd party software to use RSLinx Classic DDE/OPC functionality that was only available in the Pro, OEM, and Gateway editions.

I think they did away with RSLinx Classic Professional, but still offer Gateway licenses. The free RSLinx Classic Lite version has DDE/OPC disabled. The OEM version had a restriction for how many OPC/Topics or devices it would work with IIRC.

Yes, there is indeed software that requires the pro version. I had never ran into it before either until working with this software. Octoplant preforms automatic program uploads and compares by working through whatever flavor of RS or other vendor software you are using. Works fine with the standard version of studio, switched to a 500 pro licensee to make the 500 side work, just stuck on the 5 pro now and I will be set. It is working fine on the fresh version of 5 I just installed on a new VM since the trial version starts itself as a pro license, once the trial is over back to square 1 though.