PVP 7 Alarm Log Files (Send to PC)

_Dock_

In FTview ME V10 you can now export log files to different paths. The issue is that the documentation falls flat on assigning paths and how to configure them.

By trial and error I was able to make the export to USB work with a command button on the HMI.

What I would like to do now is export the logs to a networked PC on a schedule, say everyday at midnight...

Has anyone done this yet? Its a new add on so the documentation from AB is bleak. Thoughts?

_Dock_,

I did some research and testing because I also was interested in this new FTV ME v10 CSV Export Setup. For my PLC setup I used the [Get System Value](GSV) Class "WALLCLOCKTIME" and used the System Time (in your case would be Midnight) for the FTV CSV Export Trigger.

From FTV manual:
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/wp/ftalk-wp016_-en-p.pdf
"The storage path is a constant and does not support the use of a
string tag to change the path dynamically. The system does not
support a UNC path (i.e.\\<servername>\<sharename>)."

What I learned and RA help file confirmed is the "Paths" that can be setup are only for (LOCAL) CSV saves. For PVP 6 or 7 it would be a local storage device.
For PC you would have to run the FTV ME Station and setup the CSV Export for the PC local drive location.

Maybe in the future RA will give us an option to save the CSV Export to Remote/Network location...
I'm not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon.:confused:

Thats what i figured, thanks for your work and update.

Now to see if there is a way to extract from external storage to a networked folder

Thats a good idea, never thought of that. Pretty frustrating that a performance panel of this price cant pull of a simple file transfer!!

I did figure out somewhat of an easy work around for this. This solution allows you to retrieve log files remotely without operator intervention however it doesn't solve the frequency of automatic storage. I figure there is a way for that with this method but its not needed for me so I haven't tested anything else.

(For off site remote retrieval)
I have a VPN on most of my larger systems, so for some this may take additional hardware, but for me it was already there....
I enabled the VNC on the panelview and then I leave a USB stick inserted in the USB slot on the back of the panelview. With tight VNC I can take control of the panelview, push the log file export button on the physical terminal which exports the files to USB. Then using TightVNC program it has the ability to do file transfers from the connected panelview to the PC. I then browse to the USB folder, then transfer to the PC folder I want and I have the logs.

For me this is a big plus, operators are usually not helpful in exporting log files and then emailing them to me, hell some of them dont even have the ability to do such a thing on site. Manager intervention is usually a pain as well to make this happen. For me, the advantage is being able to get my logs without any help from anyone else. This helps me troubleshoot and resolve much faster.