Rockwell CCW and 5370 Controller issues

Hazzah!

Got it...My tags on the PLC side were on the routine, not the controller. Moving what I needed onto the controller and the HMI see's them!

THANK YOU EVERYONE

If you're in the Santa Cruz area, let me know and I'll buy you a beer or three.

~Kam

If you're in the Santa Cruz area, let me know and I'll buy you a beer or three.

Ha.... How's Santa Cruz these days, I use to live in Mt Hermon and worked in Fremont, I hated that commute im sure its worse I moved to SC about 20 years ago

Kamputty said:
Hazzah!

Got it...let me know and I'll buy you a beer or three...

Thank Jebus for that! I thought at one stage it would be more like a "Bar brawl" than a "few Beers" 🍺

This technote includes the firmware revisions I mentioned and some of the other good info the Forum members provided you on adding a CompactLogix 5370 controller to a PanelView 800 project...

774421 - PanelView 800 Terminals: Communication with CompactLogix 5370 Controllers via Ethernet
Access Level: Everyone

Via Ethernet now, not USB! :ROFLMAO:

Regards,
George

Hi bro, my case is actually similar with yours which is I cant communicate between my PLC and panelview800, I am not sure for this step that you mention here, I have configured the tags in studio 5000 by moving those tags into controller tag and others is same , but I still get the error in HMI which shows "10:write error for alias WTAG0001, Controller PLC-1, address is WTAG0001, Communication Flag is 0". Is it anything I could miss it ?
WTAG0001 is a tag name for the momentary push button in CCW

Santa Cruz is, well, Santa Cruz! more tech is moving in here, so going over the "hill" is not a given. I for one go to monterey (reverse commute)...

~Kam

Hi bro, my case is actually similar with yours which is I cant communicate between my PLC and panelview800, I am not sure for this step that you mention here, I have configured the tags in studio 5000 by moving those tags into controller tag and others is same , but I still get the error in HMI which shows "10:write error for alias WTAG0001, Controller PLC-1, address is WTAG0001, Communication Flag is 0". Is it anything I could miss it ?
WTAG0001 is a tag name for the momentary push button in CCW
make sure the tag is "writable" (make them R/W for testing...)