Fanuc R30iA - How to Run a Background Input Checker Program?

alive15

Good morning,

I have a R30iA Fanuc Controller with a main routine running 24/7. Recently, we have added a new machine to the cell, so this machine is outputting a "cycle complete" signal; however, it is not latched in the machine program. I need to look at this input in order for the robot to know when to enter the machine and pick the part.

I need directions on how to latch this input through the robot teach pendant program; So for example, whenever that cycle complete signal comes on, I want the robot to latch this bit internally, and then at the start of the routine, reset that latched bit. I'll use the latch bit to check for cycle complete instead of the actual cycle complete signal coming in.

Thanks,

Currently looking through three different choices: BG Logic, Flags, and Data Registers. I feel a few of these options may help me with the task at hand, but I'm doing more research on these right now...

@Bill4807 no I do not have it. What does it do?

@jstolaruk That's the plan. Does this work, even when the robot is in teach pendant mode and not auto / robot mode?

@Sergei Troizky Thanks for the reply, I'll stick with the BG logic since I understand it better.

The PMC fanucs (programmable machine control). It is an option on the robots to utilize ladder logic.

I just wanted to get a better understanding of what type of integration you had that's all.
I guess since you don't have it you need to do it through the robot programs.

@jstolaruk That's the plan. Does this work, even when the robot is in teach pendant mode and not auto / robot mode?

If I recall correctly, yes. Sorry, it's been ABB and Nachi these last couple of years and I'm in need of getting a Fanuc teach pendant back in my hands to jog some memory cells awake.