Panelview Plus 7 Series B Visual Quality

Trvscbln

I just received the Panelview plus 7 performance series B. When I put my .mer file on the series B, the text quality is way worse than the series A. I updated my project to the newest version and created a new .mer, and the same thing, it looks really good on the series A, and bad on the series B. The text looks really bad, it looks like it was compressed and then stretched out. I called Allen Bradley and they said this is not an issue. Has anyone else seen this? I tired reinstalling my FactoryTalk View software, I created new projects, it is all the same.

The B series uses only a limited amount of fonts. If the project uses fonts that are not available on the panel, a default font will be used instead. For example, the even spaced Gullim Che or Consolas fonts reverts to Arial which is not even spaced. The only available even spaced font is Courier New which is garbage. There is a list of the true type fonts in the manual that should be used in the project build. Converting to all the listed fonts will ensure the formatting is correct after the download.

Another disappointment is that the VNC feature is not available (yet) on the WINDOW 10 IOT system. Only Viewpoint is available which is pointless. Pun intended.

My scaling is correct, everything is the correct size, and I am using Arial Font. I tried making a project with multiple fonts, and they all look much worse than series A. Has anyone been able to get the same appearance on a series B as on series A?

I just got confirmation from Allen Bradley that this is a firmware issue, they are going to fix in October with v12.104 firmware.

Yes, I had a Series A and Series B 10 inch Panelview Plus 7 Performance side by side. I put the same program on both, and the quality was much worse on the Series B, the text was very pixeled and looked terrible comparred to the Series A. After going round and round with Allen Bradley, they finally revealed it is a firmware issue. The bottom line is they released this screen too soon.

I meant Standard models. But on the Performance models, is the B faster at page navigation and/or generally loading and populating display elements?