Kinetics 6000-fiber; how to jumper out a drive?

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
{Old Indramat guy here} (*)
How do you 'jumper out', logically, a drive on a Kinetics 6000?

For example, I have a Power Module (Node 20) and three axis modules (Nodes 22, 24, 26), and want to isolate Node 26.
I move the last fiber connector, eliminating the last axis module, but completing the loop.
Logically, I should be (*) able to just disable/inhibit Node 26.

Nothing I tried worked.

What am I doing wrong?

On second thought I think you are correct. You should be able to simply inhibit the axis and be good to go. I also think you would need to leave all the fiber connections as is.

you can go offline to ungroup this axis, then download to controller. If you want to put it back in motion group, you can group it again in offline then download to controller.