Data Tagging from Micrologix 1400 to Red Lion HMI

calamwill

Hi guys, it's the noob again.
So i'm currently in the middle of communicating between a Micrologix 1400 PLC (programmed via rslogix 500) with a Red Lion G304K200 HMI (programmed via Crimson 3), and it was thanks to you guys that i got this far, thank you for that.

But what i want to know now is:
Is it even possible for me to use the data tags from rslogix 500 in the RL HMI to use the buttons on the screen that i have laid out, in Crimson 3? The buttons would equate to B:3/.. bits in the rslogix 500 software and i can't seem to get them to come through no matter what i do.

Last edited:
First you'll need to configure your communications to something like this...if over Ethernet.
attachment.php

Then select the tag you want to link to the B3, select the source as the PLC you configured above then select your data address.
attachment.php

communications.png tag.png

First you'll need to configure your communications to something like this...if over Ethernet.
attachment.php

Then select the tag you want to link to the B3, select the source as the PLC you configured above then select your data address.
attachment.php

is that individually for every tag?

and thank you

Create a new flag tag

Source -> your plc (you must have configured the communications already) B003:0000 for B3:0

Extent -> One Item

Treat As -> Bit Array - Little Endian

Bit Number -> 0-15 (0 = b3:0/0 and 15 = b3:0/15)

edit: someone beat me to it with fancy pictures.

I'm not sure if we're all saying the same thing, but here's some more pretty pictures of the way I do it. First, yes, you need to set up your PLC in the communications page. I call mine PLC1; then in my tags area right click>Insert New>Variable>Flag. Point the mapping to your PLC and then set it up as below.

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 8.24.08 am.png Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 8.24.22 am.png

I'm not sure if we're all saying the same thing, but here's some more pretty pictures of the way I do it. First, yes, you need to set up your PLC in the communications page. I call mine PLC1; then in my tags area right click>Insert New>Variable>Flag. Point the mapping to your PLC and then set it up as below.

that way isn't available on mine for some reason.

I just realised that my example was from Crimson 2, not Crimson 3...can't see why that would have changed, but no matter. Did you get it working at least?

I just realised that my example was from Crimson 2, not Crimson 3...can't see why that would have changed, but no matter. Did you get it working at least?

nope, it's not working yet. i am not sure whether i have done something wrong or not either because i have no idea what i'm doing haha