Omoron Zen PLC advice

linners

Hi all,
I have learned a lot these past few days reading threads and looking at ladders. I have recently acquired a Omron Zen 20C1DR-D-V2
Running a (solenoid actuated) pneumatic device to lift a puck, shuttle the puck, hold the puck in position, then reset. Inputs and outputs are better explained here in PDF, also attached is ladder.

1. Can I simplify it? or better control?
2. How can I hold the Q3 3 seconds longer?

FYI Thanks to all of the support provided here, I started this project with no PLC background...well, I knew how to spell PLC ;)

Thanks in advance!

Also I4 will be added later as well as another output...questions to come

linners,
Very good for your first plc program.

I do have a question about the parallel contacts in front of Q0 and Q3, not sure what they are doing.

To get your 3 second delay on Q3, try an Off Delay timer in parallel with the I5 contact. You will want to review the Off Delay timer in the manual.

Hope this helps.

thanx gtsuport, there are reed sensors on the cylinders to show piston position. if I shuttle and the pistons are engaged it will damage the unit. so they are there to ensure the piston is in the right position before I engage the shuttle. I'll try the off delay timer in the morning.
thanx!
linners

Last edited:
gtsuport,
I meant to say I need to delay Q3, while the shuttle Q3 returns.

PS. I have been working off the forums not the operator manual, since the unit didn't come with one. That's how good you all are at explaining/teaching us newbies!

I will be back with updates after the long weekend. I have a half day today!
linners