RSView 32 vs FactoryTalk View

anks

Hi,

What is the difference between RSView 32 and FactoryTalk View. Panelview plus comes with builtin FactoryTalk view so I guess that is an HMI software and I believe that RSView 32 is kind of SCADA software but can I consider RSView 32 to be equivalent to Wonderware or Intellution SCADA software???

Thanks

Hi everyone. I'm now studying on some Rockwell stuff and has the same difficulties in distinguishing between Rsview32, RSview ME and RSview SE. Can anyone show me some different points? I also tried to access Knowledgebase article 34805 but it was unable because i have no Rockwell product account. Thanks for all helps.

Factory Talk View comes in two flavors:

SE - Site Edition
ME - Machine Edition

Factory Talk View SE is an HMI system installed on a PC and/or a server. This can be stand alone or distributed among multiple PC's using thick clients or thin clients using terminal services. It is a Wonderware equivalent.

Factory Talk View ME is an HMI system specific to the PanelView Plus. (There is software to emulate a PanelView Plus on a PC, so you could run an application developed for a PanelView Plus on a PC). For the most part SE and ME use the same development tools, hence you can use Factory Talk View Studio to develop either type of project.

RSView32 is the predecessor to Factory Talk View SE, it isn't as powerful, but still widely used. I would not use RSView32 in any new application.

Here is a link:
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/performance/

While I concur with Pauly's sentiment about RSView32, although I have used it quite often at customer's request, factory talk SE is even worse. Take every quirk and bug in RSView32 and make it a distributed product with extra layers of quirkiness and you have Factory Talk SE.

Unless there's a version after 5.0, I disagree....SE has too many bugs to be a mature product.

5.1 is out, but even 5.0 was solid on the boxes I used. I do know that Rockwell products don't play nice with out-siders. Perhaps these bugs are results of conflicts with other products, or your box is not "patched" to what Rockwell says is normal.

I will say this, I would much rather use Wonderware than any Rockwell HMI product.

I dunno....Things like manually added tags in sub folders not showing up in the expression builder until you backed out and resynched the parent folder....Application manager would always munge user/password setups on rollout. Other little annoying tidbits (these verifiable in KB articles, not anything particular to a machine) like these just made for unpleasant experiences. And I agree...WW is far superior.

FT Historian

Hi everyone. I'm now studying on some Rockwell Factory Talk stuff and have the some difficulties in distinguishing between HMI server & RSview SE Server.How Historian (SMT) tags can be integrated to FTview SE graphics display.