Open Source PLC protocols?

I am not a GE user but most PLC programming software allow you to "force" an input on.
There's nothing wrong with forcing I/O, but I want my simulation act more like a real world system rather than poking around in PLC itself.

Ultimately I am going to end up writing a self contained, standalone, specialized HMI system that does exactly what I want it to do. Its a long story, but there are benefits and strategic advantages for me to do this.

Similar Topics

GitHub Link: https://github.com/Automation-Standard/Open-Industry-Project This is a little side project I've been working on that I felt would be...
Replies
Views
Does anyone here have suggestions of open source SCADA software that can be used for Mitsubishi PLC FX3U Series. I want to monitor its data...
Replies
Views
I was just reading Archie's post about the open source AdvancedHMI system they have developed. This is a great system, but in order to grow in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, and my research topic is SCADA cyber security. My goal is to find...
Replies
Views
Does anyone here write, modify, or even use open source PLC "drivers" (any software to communicate between PCs and PLCS, ie, APIs, programs, OPC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom