24V plug with switch

gas

We sell a process monitoring device that occasionally locks up.
It is powered by a 24V DC wall wart 1.25A out. To reboot one has to pull out the wall plug and then plug it back in.
We have a customer that doesn't like that.

Has anyone out there seen one with a switch?
Thanks

Here is mine :D I would think you should be able to find one, try google and look for a 'in-line' switch, I have seen them before (long time ago)

20200916_155933.jpg

We sell a process monitoring device that occasionally locks up.

I would be more focused on fixing this.

Someone once said "cycling power is a sign of weakness." Kinda true...That might be out of your hands, but if you can eliminate the need to cycle power or get the mfg. of the device to fix it...to me that is the better answer.

Someone once said "cycling power is a sign of weakness." Kinda true...That might be out of your hands, but if you can eliminate the need to cycle power or get the mfg. of the device to fix it...to me that is the better answer.

I agree. I just wish somebody would tell this to the consumer electronic manufacturers ! I haven't had a TV or Satellite Box yet that didn't require a power cycle at some point due to lockups....

If this was a PLC or HMI maybe.

I have worked on quite a few proprietary controllers (Walchem and Vis-U-Etch a lot) that the makers just say cycle the power.

For this to be fixed they would have to dig into their program and issue firmware updates that can't be done in the field easily.

For the OP: What I have done is get a wallplate with a F connector, for cable or CCTV, and replace the F connector with a N.C. pushbutton. Looks clean and professional.

How about do a hand shake with the PLC, if no answer have the PLC cycle power on the device? we must automate or we will die :sick:

I think he has a standalone device with no PLC or control system per se, and he is asking for a 24VDC PSU that is plugged in a regular 110VAC wall outlet, and with a switch on the PSU, not the outlet.

edit: Quick fix, an extension cord with a switch.

edit: And are you sure that the customer is unsatisfied with having to unplug and replug, and not the fact that the device locks up ?

edit: And are you sure that the customer is unsatisfied with having to unplug and replug, and not the fact that the device locks up ?

Im betting both :)

The link that Ken posted is for China but thats the style I would look at

Thanks guys
I go in Home Depot a lot and never saw this.
We would prefer to fix the real problem but the code is proprietary.
And yes, the customer is more ****ed about the lock up than the unplug thing.

Can you not use a smart socket like the Wemo or Sonoff, if there is wifi, it can be cycled remotely or scheduled, without even being there. If there is no wifi, then just push the button.