Lauer GSD file

fribeiro

Who can get me the files LCAS7X.AWL and LAUSPC3X.200 to configure Lauer operator panel in Simatic Step7?

Many thanks in advance.

You probably do not need to integrate the Lauer panel in the STEP7 project.
The Lauer panel propably takes care of polling the tags, regardless of wether you are using MPI or Profibus DP.

Only if you need to cyclically exchange tags via Profibus DP (not required for most HMI applications), do you have to integrate the Lauer panel with a .gsd file.

Otherwise.... have you tried to contact Lauer ?

Yes i want to integrate the Lauer panel in the S7 project, i suppose this is the only way to fetch data from the PLC, because in Lauer software there´s nothing to define tags, so i think by the gsd "driver" i can do that.
By the way, i just post this question because i can´t get information from the manufacturer till this time.

Hello!
I don´t think that you will ever get the lauer panel integrated in the S7 -project!

The GSDfile has nothing to do with that... The gsd-files contains usually the communication data. Eg. speed, frame lenght,..
here is a gsd file for a panel:
;===========================================================
; DDB File for Protool/Pro MP270B, OP/TP270
; SYNC/FREEZE and Auto_Baud not supported, 12Mbit/s
; MLFB : 6AV6 54x-0DA10-0AX0
; Copyright (C) Siemens AG 2000 All Rights Reserved. Confidential
;
; Date : 20.08.2001
; File : SIEM80BE.GSD
;===========================================================
#Profibus_DP

; Unit-Definition-List:
GSD_Revision=2
Vendor_Name="SIEMENS AG"
Model_Name="HMI MP270B, OP/TP270"
Revision="V1.0"
Ident_Number=0x80E4
Protocol_Ident=0
Station_Type=0
Hardware_Release="V1.0"
Software_Release="V6.0"
93.75_supp=1
187.5_supp=1
500_supp=1
1.5M_supp=1
3M_supp=1
6M_supp=1
12M_supp=1
MaxTsdr_93.75=60
MaxTsdr_187.5=60
MaxTsdr_500=100
MaxTsdr_1.5M=150
MaxTsdr_3M=250
MaxTsdr_6M=450
MaxTsdr_12M=800
Implementation_Type="ASPC2"
Bitmap_Device="BEBO567N"
Bitmap_SF="BEBO567S"
;
; Slave-Specification:
OrderNumber="6AV6 54x-0DA10-0AX0"
Periphery="SIMATIC HMI TD/OP"
OffsetFirstMPDBlock=0
ETERDelay=0
MaxResponseDelay=0
Auto_Baud_supp=0
Sync_Mode_supp=0
Freeze_Mode_supp=0
Min_Slave_Intervall=3
Max_Diag_Data_Len=6
Modul_Offset=0
Slave_Family=6@TdF@SIMATIC_HMI
;
Max_Module=1
Modular_Station=1
Max_Input_Len=128
Max_Output_Len=64
Max_Data_Len=192
;
User_Prm_Data_Len=0
;
; Module-Definitions:
;
Module = "class B tiny" 0x3F, 0x35, 0x19
EndModule
Module = "class B small" 0x3F, 0x35, 0x1F, 0x13
EndModule
Module = "class B middle" 0x3F, 0x3F, 0x1f, 0x1f
EndModule
Module = "class B big" 0x3F, 0x3F, 0x3F, 0x3F, 0x1f, 0x1f, 0x1f, 0x19
EndModule

In the new S7 system the OP-panels doesn´t communicate like normal DP-stations. It uses S7 communication/connections (don´t remember the correct name).
You do not add the panels (siemens) in the hardware configuration. (only if you use direct keys).
The panel is like you would connect a PG to the system, no configuration needed on the PLC side.

I am very pleased that it´s like that now a´days, in the old S5 system it was very difficult to make the communication for the panels DP of serial. You needed send/recive mailboxes, temp-mailboxes and standard blocks to control the dataflow.

Last edited:
A .AWL file is a source code file for S7
I could imagine that .200 is a file for 200-series PLC:s ?

maybe that .AWL file is the program for controlling the data to the panel?

Hi nif and JesperMp,

The Lauer operator panel is LCA320.P (P from Profibus) and i have the software LCAPROv5.1 and manuals. So the manual tells that i need the .awl file to generate the FC to manage the OP and .200 file is an old version of .gsd files to configure DBs, speed, node, etc.
This is new for me because normally i dont need this files to configure OP's from Siemens, everything is configured in Protool, but with this Lauer software i can't see, find, etc. where to define databits from the PLC.

Aha, its a text display.
Maybe you DO have to integrate it into STEP7 then. It is possible that the PLC turns bits ON and OFF to trigger when messages are displayed.
(notice the "maybe" and "possible" in the above).
I am amazed that this isnt clearly described in the documentation.
Contact Lauer !