WEINTEK - Easy Pro Builder Project

Hy guys !

I've been making some projects in this easybuilder pro for weintek HMI, and i am struggling with a tiny problem but i can't seem to figure it out .

I have a home screen and in this home screen i have a toggle switch button which sets a bit to ON in my PLC. This part is ok, but i want to make an extra pop-up window to display a message when this button is pressed. I think the easiest way would be to make a macro on the pressing of the button. This macro should execute a window open. I cannot find in any manual/google/forum how to make this via macro.

I would be really greatfull if somebody knows how to help me with this one. Thanks !

Project Ribbon -> Library -> Macro
Hit help from this window to learn how to macro program and get a list of functions

On your setbit button, tick the box "macro -> Execute Macro", which is only avaiable when you have created a macro. and select your macro ID.

Another possibility would be to set your screen button to the "display popup window" option and turn on the "notification" option to set the bit ON in your PLC.

Hello:

First, create a PLC Control Object as Change Window (Make sure Clear data after window change is checked)

Monitor an address that is not being used (Example - LW-900) Now write the Window# to LW-900 and the display will change to that window.

This could all be done within a Macro!

Hope this helps.

AustralIan, i Know how to open a macro but i can't find the code in it to open a specific window.

@mendonsy - I managed to do something like that and is great it kinda solved my problem, but i would still like to learn the command in a macro to open a window.

In siemens hmi , project done with wincc flexible i have this command to open a window from the vbscript - HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = "window_nr_2"

As I said follow post #5.

Here's just one way a macro could be used to change windows.

Here I am checking to see if a login was successful and get the returned result code.

GetData(UACResult, "Local HMI", LW, 101, 1) // is this a successful LOGin?

Need to have a small delay to allow for the return information.

DELAY(150)

Now depending on what the result code is will decide on what windows to jump to.(As you can see I write the windows # into the address that I am monitoring with The PLC Control Object.

if UACResult == 8 then
GotoScr = 35
SetData(GotoScr, "Local HMI", LW, 900, 1) // see the PLC Control object
else if UACResult == 32 then
GotoScr = 41
else if UACResult == 1 then
GotoScr=10
end if

mendonsy has the correct answer, no macro needed.

A slightly clunkier way to do it is to imbed a direct window and open it using an internal bit set from a combo button (or the bit seen by the plc) depending on the action you want.

Ken

Thank you all guys for the help.

For now i will go with @mendonsy way because i only want a pop-up screen.

@damica1 now i understand how this thing works i managed to do this also and it is very useful in future when i will both need to do multiple actions and open a window. I only want to ask you more if it is possible with this solution to open a pop-up window ( i made the attributes with smaller width and height ), because in PLC control i only see change window and it opens it as the other windows in full size even if it has different dimmensions

I don't know! I would think that if you have a window with smaller dimensions then the panel window, it would act as a pop-up and you should be able to position it to open anywhere on the base window. Please see picture - this is why you have these parameters on you window.

PopUp.jpg