panel view autotest error 32

jeff s

Hello, we have a panelview 600 that was acting up and production decided to cycle power on startup the was an error message on the panelview "autotest error 32" does any one know what this is ?? i have searched Rockwell knowledge base with no luck .

It's in the User Manual somewhere, I think, as well as in the Knowledgebase as AnswerID# 42387:

On power-up, the PanelView terminal executes a series of self tests, below is a listing of the test number and the test functions
Test Number: Indicates:
1 STATIC Ram Test
2 Terminal Searching for a file to download
10 Erase boot flash area.
11 Copy boot code
12 Boot code copy successful
13 Boot code copy failed. check for error after boot code is copied to the onboard flash EPROM
20 Erase firmware from flash EPROM
21 Copy firmware to firmware flash memory
22 Firmware copy successful
23 Firmware copy failed
24 Performed CRC base firmware check
25 Firmware not compatible with boot code
26 Firmware not compatible with hardware
30 Watchdog test
31 Stuck key test
32 Real time clock test
33 LCD RAM failed
34 Performed CRC extended firmware check

NOTE: Not all of these test numbers are seen during a power up cycle

If a test fails, the terminal displays:
ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!
and the test number where the error occurred

If the clock itself has failed, the only thing might be to send the unit in for repair.

I would disassemble the enclosure and look for a coin-cell lithium battery for the clock backup and replace that. Should be a cheap test.

Is the terminal very old ? Those batteries generally last 7 to 10 years minimum, unless the terminal runs very hot.

Thank you for the list of startup codes. im note sure how old it is but it did seem warm .they have been having to reboot the thing often lately so i think it is failing?today i uploaded the file to my computer to be safe but apon saving got a warning "warning 3200 (maint PB scr dev 282 dynamic object obscured by another obj. apperance on term may differ" and the same message for another push button. any idea what this is??

Warnings are just warnings; overlapping or slightly-overlapping objects are sometimes intentional or unavoidable and it should not prevent you from compiling and downloading the project file.

Sometimes I've had an overlapping object warning when I inadvertently dragged an object out of position.

The question to ask your operators is "what conditions make you reboot the PanelView terminal" ?

I've heard a lot of answers to that question that have nothing to do with the terminal. But if the answer is "the screen goes blank/white/crooked" or "an error message comes up in the middle of the screen", then you definitely have a failing terminal on your hands.

pv550 auto-reset error 32

hi ken Roach and all ,,!
i have pv550 with same problem of error 32 when it start auto test..
any reason why? n can i disable this real time clock or any other way ???

thanks in advance,,!