View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #14
sparkie
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I've dealt with Schnieder, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Lenze, Mitsubishi, Emerson, honestly, about a dozen different types of drives. Mitsubishi's seem to be pretty tough in general, but all the brands seem to make decent drives. Emerson drives have been plagued with firmware issues (from their tech, he discovered the bug, called an engineer and said we had to wait for a firmware update).

This happened because we informed our distributor we no longer wanted Emerson drives due to certain issues and they sent a tech down to give us training on the drives and he encouraged us to challenge him for various setups. I talked him out of a free network com card though. My only real issue with them is that their interfaces are made for "techy" people, which isn't a problem for me, but the other electricians had some issues setting them up.

Wasn't around long enough to give opinions on other brands though (with the exception of Allen Bradley).

At the end of the day, a drive is a drive. Give it to me, I'll set it up and make it work. I try to pick something with a local distributor that keeps stock on hand.