Is there an evaluation version for FactoryTalk Lynx Gateway?

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I need to support a customer who is developing a custom OPCUA client that needs to read data from CompactLogix using the FactoryTalk Lynx gateway. I do have the PLC and a licensed Logix Studio. I have managed to configure the OPCUA address space on the FactoryTalk Administration Console. But I cannot find the actual gateway in the Rockwell Software startup menu. I wonder whether I omitted installing something. The Rockwell document (ftalk-wp020_-en-p.pdf) does not use too many screenshots and omits many steps. I am a bit confused. If you have experience with the OPCUA server, will appreciate your advice.

There is a seperate piece of software called FactoryTalk Linx Gateway that is sold on its own by Rockwell, your local distributor might be able to get you a tempoarary activation for testing. You set it up within the FactoryTalk administration console.

Thanks very much for this confirmation. This is what I suspected. When one installs the 32.02.00-Studio5000-Web package the PC gets the FactoryTalk administration console (which I was able to use to configure the OPCUA address space for the PLC with which I am trying to test) and the FactoryTalk Linx Browser but I could not see the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway. I could not find a download in the Rockwell website. Will try to contact the Rockwell rep if I cannot help this customer with the information he has sent me and if I need to do testing. Again, thank you very much.