jetter plc adressing in visual basic

swakke

Hello,
I am looking for a visual basic example program that communicates with a jetter plc.
We would like to make a monitoring tool in order to run some tests. I have visual basic programming experience but not in the usage with a rs-232 port.

Kind regards,
Swakke

I don't know jetter plc RS232C protocol, but RS232C with VB 5 to 6 works with MSComm32.ocx ActiveX-Control.
If there is OPC-Server for jetter plc, then you can use it and its
properties DDE or ActiveX controls ?

Jetter/VB

Hi,
I know of a Jetter/VB system running in a manufacturing plant here in Ireland, and I hope to visit this plant and talk to the guy who set it up. When I do I will post some information as I too plan to set up a similar system in the future.
On a different not how do you find the Jetter PLC system as I am only new to them and have used them in 4 or 5 different motion control projects so far and find them great. But not many people are using them that I know of.

Martin

Hi,
well I must say that I have worked different brands before, but since we started to use the Jetter PLC's 2 years ago we stayed with them.
Conclusion: yes I like them :) .

In the latest project we used them in a network setup (master - several slaves), it's here that I would like to add the monitoring using a program made in visual basic. I even think it can be a good idea to use an access database to the PLC using the VB program so we can chose different setups and times in a flexible way in order to tune our systems in a better way. And make some readable log files in excel to monitor quality.

Regards,
Swakke

swakke,
I did MS-Acces SQL-database for same reason than you are going to do.
As well it works with MS-SQL-Server with OLE-DB/ADO ActiveX controls as 'ADODC'. I had Simatic OPC-Server for Simatic and OPC-Server was included with S7Data ActiceX control for event-base reading and writing. OPC-Server polls variables from plc and send event when data has changed, so VB-application just waits events.

There is an OPC available for Jetter, but I was wondering if I can use the available comm object in VB in order to create on my own the communication between PLC and computer.
I have a document describing the communication between the Jetter Nano and computer using RS232. It contains also all the start and end characters... and related others.

But I am searching an example just for the communication. We are working on different projects now and there is not much time left for extra options like monitoring.

regards,
Swakke;

I belive OPC-Server handle the protocol as handshaking frames, so you don't need MSComm for that, just DDE or ActiveX for Read from OPC and Write to OPC.

Hello,
I have obtained a dll from Jetter that can be used to access registers on the PLC.
I will do some tests with it in order to see how it works and what we can do with it but I'll keep you all informed about this.

Kind regards,
Swakke

Hi,

I'ved used the Jetter before.
f you buy your controllers @ Esco Transmissions in Belgium, you could ask mr. Philippe de Terwange for some examples. I also did it that way... I had to include a dll in my VB project and that way I read/write registers.

Beside of that.

Just curious, what kind of application are you trying to program with the Jetter PLC? I used it before for a small test system.

Kind Regards.

Indeed I talked to them,
but on the first run I did with the delivered test program I got some errors, I included the dll using regsvr32.exe. It probably should be done otherwise. Do you have a more clear example for using the dll? Or an API?

The system we made is almost done, this extra option is for monitoring.
It's a big measuring system using a master PLC with several slaves that also are connectred...

Kind regards/ Vriendelijke groeten,
Swakke

hi, :)
im working my final project, and im im using a jetter nano plc on my campus,, .. n im confusedin programming and need some help. :wish:how to start program an what software sould i use?? in the jetter website there a jetsym and sympas,, but i cant figure out which one.
best regards:)