Help with Micro 1000 program

Hi Gary,

Yes your old program works I did not pay attention to the order of your vaccum switches (talk about clarity) :)
As for the service switch is smart that you are trying to bypass the sequence that never becomes true only I Think the same switch you should put in series (and-it) as XIC with the respective motor.

Still I beleive a program written with more comments and descriptions or organized better (s.m.th. like Ken's or Ron program) is much easier to read and expand on it.

Following the logic on your old file I did the changes for the service switch. This is offered under the disclaimer [ I did it You check it] :mad:

Check the subroutine Original program

1 One program writen from grs (the last one) is trying to achive the original request from GMs every time a vacum is requested turn on a pump and cycle between them every given amount of time and it works ok but that is it, we need more after latest GMs revelation:

2 there are three levels of vacums detectet and when more vacumm is required (all dentists are back from vacation and all of them are working?? strange) turn on two pupms at the SAME time and cycle the off period (so every motor can rest) When even more vaccum is required (one dentist is working and there is a cut hose) turn on all three motors at the Same time. This is what Ken's program is doing and is very easy to read great to troubleshoot for a wireman Thanks Ken

Ok, to clarify, I just ran my program (ladder file 10 in the pumplogic.rss program) through the RSLogix emulator and it works just as you described in the quote above. :unsure:

As I said, maybe I'm not completely understanding the question.

grs,

No, I think it's Eugen that is not completely understanding the question.., Thanks for all the help

Gary

Ron,

Thank you very much, looks great and very easy to follow like the one Ken Moore did.. I really appreciate all the input everyone gave. I'm hoping to get the laptop to test them out..

Gary

Hi again,

First, grs I understood the problem the same as you in the begining, and I was refering to your first program.

GMc I am probably going through the same learning curve as you and I try to keep an open mind about learning opportunites such as this. What I found out is that your old program is approaching this problem using a special relations (I think) the number of motors and vaccum sensors are the same, while the other program is using the combination of vaccum sensors to distinguish between the different levels of vaccum required. Because of this (the second program) is very easy to expand on service switch and or an extra motor or vaccum sensor. Just sharing my thoughts.

Thank you for this thread I did learn a bit more.

Eugen,

Nothing changed from my very first post in regards to the ammount of vacuum switches and motors. The problem in my first post was the fact that I didn't have any descriptions or explanations of what anything was.

Like yourself, I have learned allot since joining this forum. Thanks everyone..

Gary

GMc,
Just a random thought, you mentioned that you are awaiting a new laptop from Dell. I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess the new laptop does not have a serial port. If this is true, then you are not going to be able to go on line with the Micro 1000.

Ken

Ken,

You are correct, the Dell we are getting does not have a serial port but I was told by AB that they support the 9300-USBS cable which we purchased already.. Hope this is true..

Anyone out there use this cable??

Gary

MOV not working

I hate to say but the MOV is not working. I finished the test box I was building and tried the program I made (post 21) and the one Ken Moore made (post 31).

I first tried to turn off pump #1 while the sequencer was on step 1/pump 1 seeing if it would shut down pump 1 and bring on pump 2 but it didn't. So then I thought well if the sequencer was on step 1 I will turn off pump 2 and when the sequencer switched to pump 2 that it would then MOV the sequencer to pump 3... NOT, it didn't work either.

Sometimes I see the POS change to the number from the MOV but it doesn't change what motor can run..

Thanks in advance for any further help you can give..

Gary

Ron B,

I have not had time to go through your program and change the addresses to fit the ML 1000 so I could not try it. I would love to figure out what is wrong with the MOV first..

Gary

too weird for me...

Further testing of my program (post 21) reveals...

When pump #1 (I:0/3) is turned off (or should I say rung is true)
SQO POS shows it switching between 2 & 3 BUT ACTUALLY....
outputs 1 & 3 are being toggled NOT 2 & 3

So I edited the program as shown in the attachment and it
worked as planned. Hope someone can explain why this works
and the original didn't.. Thanks again

Gary

Ron Beaufort

Ron,

I went through the program you posted and it works GREAT.. I loaded it into my test box last night.

I would however like to know why the MOV instruction didn't work like I thought..

Thanks again Ron

Gary

Why the MOV didn't work

The short answer - the SQO instruction wasn't enabled (because T4:0.DN was not true).

If, instead of using the SQO, you had logic that looked like this:

T4:0.DN +------- CTU ---+
-----| |---------+---------| Counter: R6:5 |
| | Preset: 3 |
| | Accum: 2 |
| +---------------+
|
| +---------------- MVM ---+
+---------| Source: B3:[R6:5.POS] |
| Mask: 000Fh |
| Dest: B3:10 |
+------------------------+

and you did a MOV of a value into R6:5.POS, you'd understand why B3:10 didn't get a new value, right? The MVM instruction is not enabled, therefore it doesn't do anything.

The same is true with the SQO. Because it's not enabled, it doesn't do anything.

If you had programmed the SQO using the -|/|- of T4:0.DN, then the sequencer would have worked pretty much the same way (the sequencer, like a counter, only advances once on a false-to-true transition), but the rung would have remained enabled all the time (except for once scan every 900 seconds), and your MOV would have worked.

Last edited:
Allen,

First of all I'm sorry for the confusion on my part.. and thanks for the response.. but I have a few questions

The short answer - the SQO instruction wasn't enabled (because T4:0.DN was not true).

Are you saying the SQO has to be enabled when the MOV takes place?

(the sequencer, like a counter, only advances once on a false-to-true transition)

Isn't the rung considered false before the T4:4/DN turns it to true? I just can't see why it worked with a -] [- but didn't with the T4:4/DN (well it did work but not the right steps in the sequencer)

If you had programmed the SQO using the -|/|- of T4:0.DN, then the sequencer would have worked pretty much the same way

I will try this at home and see if I can figure out what your trying to tell me.. Thanks for all your time.

Gary