Koyo/ Automation Direct I/o

alanc5

I AM MESSING AROUND WITH A KOYO/AUTOMATION DIRECT I/O CHASSIS(A 205) IT HAS A 16 PT. INPUT MODULE AND A 12 PT. OUTPUT MODULE. I AM COMMUNICATING TO A H2-EBC EITHERNET MODULE. I AM ALSO USING ENTIVITY VLC TO CREATE LADDER TO TEST. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I SEEM TO HAVE EVERYTHING SET UP AND WHEN I PUT 24V ON AN INPUT TERMINAL THE INPUT LIGHT ON THE MODULE COMES ON BUT NO CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE(IE. COLOR CHANGE OR VALUE CHANGE 1 OR 0. I AM COMPILEING THE PROGRAM AND THEN I LOAD AND GO, THEN TRY TO MONITOR IN THE MANTINANCE MODE, BUT NO CHANGES. ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.

Just an idea... Is the PLC in "RUN" mode?...

I'm not familiar with Entivity software... I use DirectSOFT

beerchug

-Eric

I haven’t used Entivity VLC but I use Entivity Studio. In Studio using Connectivity Center you have to connect, and then scan the I/O to see a change in state on the PC. If you go to Entivity's web site you can go to the eAnswers section do a search for your problem, or you could post your question there. They usually respond to you fairly quickly.
Hope this helps.

I GOT IT

OK HERE IS THE DEAL . THE SIMULATION BOX WAS CHECKED( IN THE DRIVER EDITOR ,I UNCHECKED IT).

THE MODULES WERE CONFIGURED IN THE WRONG SLOTS. IT IS A 6 SLOT CHASSIS. THE FIRST POSITION IS NOT COUNTED( REGARDLESS IF IT IS A CPU OR EITHERNET MODULE ). THEN YOU START COUNTING SLOTS STARTING WITH 1 AND ENDING WITH 5 (WITH A 6 SLOT CHASSIS). THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE'S..

Glad to hear you got it...

In the future, don't think of the first slot (the CPU slot) as "mot being counted"... Think of it as "Slot 0 (zero)"

beerchug

-Eric

MISTAKE

I WAS INCORRECT. THE FIRST SLOT IS NOT COUNTED (CPU OR EITHERNET MODULE). THE NEXT SLOT STARTS AT 0 THEN THE CHASSIS ENDS IN 4 (IT'S A 6 SLOT CHASSIS). THE INPUT AND OUTPUT MODULES ARE LOCATED IN SLOTS 0 AND 1. I KEPT PUTING THEM IN AS 1 AND 2. APPERENTLY THE CPU/E NET MODULE SLOT IS NOT EVEN COUNTED AS A ZERO. THANKS