Forcing analog input value in Modicon M340

razmis

I want to force an analog input value in a Modicon M340 PLC.
I work with Unity Pro XL.
The problem is that the Unity Pro doesn't let me set a value to the CMD_FORCING_VALUE parameter not to the FORCING_ORDER bit.
I am able to force digital inputs and outputs.
What can be the problem?

I want to force an analog input value in a Modicon M340 PLC.
I work with Unity Pro XL.
The problem is that the Unity Pro doesn't let me set a value to the CMD_FORCING_VALUE parameter not to the FORCING_ORDER bit.
I am able to force digital inputs and outputs.
What can be the problem?

You cannot force analogs. That's why i decouple all my analog inputs via a custom DFB that lets me toggle between a simulated value and a real value.

You need to use write_cmd block for transfer forcing setting for IO-card (Search from help file: Detailed Description of T_ANA_IN_BMX-type IODDT Objects)

Another way is to use WRITE_INPUT_INT-block with %IW address.

And as Saffa writed, you can write own force block with move or selector blocks.

You need to use write_cmd block for transfer forcing setting for IO-card (Search from help file: Detailed Description of T_ANA_IN_BMX-type IODDT Objects)

Another way is to use WRITE_INPUT_INT-block with %IW address.

I knew you could do that with bits, but didn't know it also applied to analogs. Learnt something new today!

I think they have a built in function block to do what you are trying to do. Haven't used it myself.