What can I use as a replacement?

sgje1616

I want to replace GE MDS 4710 serial radio with Ethernet option (I would prefer the same manufacturer). I don't plan on changing any connection my process.
What will be my best alternative? I intend to take the process online and control it using a smart device.
I would really appreciate if an expert can guide me in this.
Thank you.

If you would prefer the same manufacturer and want to stick with 400 mhz licensed like the 4710 you can maybe look at the MDS SD4. at 400mhz you wont have much thruput over ethernet though.

Thats what we use is the MDS SD-4 for 400mhz.

Diat is correct though, but depending on your infrastructure it may be difficult to upgrade it, as higher frequency and speed can cause other issues such as distance, trees in the way, etc.