A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Hy, it s a really good interface!
i m not expert in VB but can you explain me how you can write a variable in text box vb and make a link in PLCtwincat variable local or global?
Thanks ^^

Archie,

sorry to ask what is probably a nuffy question, but can this work with DH485?

I have been busy but dug it out the other day and did the DF1 thing no worries, thanks to your video. But I want to have a play around with another project I have and its on my DH485 at home.

If it makes any difference, my programing PC is connected to a 1761-NET-AIC, then off around my house the road goes to various bits and bobs...

cheers

Charlie

RIO and Addresses above 15

First let me say that I love AdvancedHMI!!Great Job. The only problem I am having is with some Remote I/O addresses. Everything works great for I:8/0 through I:8/15 however anything above I:8/15 does not work. What can I do to fix this? I am using a SLC 5/03 and the BasicLight.vb with the DF1Comm driver.:unsure:

The only problem I am having is with some Remote I/O addresses. Everything works great for I:8/0 through I:8/15 however anything above I:8/15 does not work. What can I do to fix this? I am using a SLC 5/03 and the BasicLight.vb with the DF1Comm driver.:unsure:
plgrooms...Private Message me an email address and I'll send you a pre-release of the next version to try out. I'm hoping to post the updated version within the next week, so I would like to get this problem sorted out before I do.

ctw3...I just noticed you ask about DH485 and I don't know if I ever answered your question, but the answer is yes, I have tested DH485 with a 1770-KF3 module and it should work with a UIC. However it does NOT work with a PIC module.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if it isn't.

I just found this great program. I have a hobby project that I am using a micrologix 1000 on. I installed everything and can download and upload to the PLC with logix 500, but I can't get Advanced HMI to communicate with it. I am on com1 (the rs232 port)with my serial programming cable. Are there any basic tricks, or should it just work?

I am a real noob at this stuff. I really want to use your program for my sons pinewood derby timing system and don't want to use rslinx etc.

Thanks and let me know if I should post this somewhere else.

I have a hobby project that I am using a micrologix 1000 on. I installed everything and can download and upload to the PLC with logix 500, but I can't get Advanced HMI to communicate with it. I am on com1 (the rs232 port)with my serial programming cable. Are there any basic tricks, or should it just work?
The first thing to do is to make sure RSLinx is shut down. The AdvancedHMI needs sole access to the COM port. If that not the problem, then add a basic label to the main form and it should report any error messages.

That worked! I guess linx was getting in the way.

Now for some easier questions.
1) If I have more than one project, how do I save and name the projects?

2) When it comes time to "use" the HMI after my development, is there a way to launch into run mode, or do I have to launch it into the development mode and hit the run button?

3) I found the basic tutorials on youtube, but don't see anything on how to roll this out for use. Is there somewhere I should look so I don't have to keep asking you questions?

4) I am using a .01 timer base in my program. I want to display this in seconds x.xx . From what I can tell, the micrologix 1000 does not have a floating point decimal, so I only get an output of for instance 235 for 2.35 seconds and can't scale it in the plc to 2.35. Is there a way in the HMI to do this? I see the scale function for the digital meter, but it rounds off and only gives me whole numbers.

Thanks for the quick response. This is great and exactly what I was looking for.

Soccerdad

1) If I have more than one project, how do I save and name the projects?
The easiest thing to do is to create a separate directory for each project and start by putting all of the original files in that directory

2) When it comes time to "use" the HMI after my development, is there a way to launch into run mode, or do I have to launch it into the development mode and hit the run button??
There is a Publish function in the Build menu that will give you a deployment package. The package will include all the necessary files and a setup.exe

3) I found the basic tutorials on youtube, but don't see anything on how to roll this out for use. Is there somewhere I should look so I don't have to keep asking you questions??
This is a good place so the information can be shared, but feel free to email me using the address that is in the comments of the DF1Comm.vb file

4) I am using a .01 timer base in my program. I want to display this in seconds x.xx . From what I can tell, the micrologix 1000 does not have a floating point decimal, so I only get an output of for instance 235 for 2.35 seconds and can't scale it in the plc to 2.35. Is there a way in the HMI to do this? I see the scale function for the digital meter, but it rounds off and only gives me whole numbers.
The digital panel meter also has a DecimalPosition property. I think that may be discussed in the "Exploring the Components" video.

If there are any features you would like to see, let me know. I am planning to release an update soon.

I also have a preliminary Ethernet/IP driver that I am looking for testers. Its been tested on an SLC5/05, ML1100, and ML1400. I would like to get it tested with a 1761-NET-ENI

View attachment hmi.bmpI am sure this is more of a VB question but I moved to a new laptop for my development and have an issue When I drag a control from the toolbox to the hmi area, I then try to size it with the grips and only get a partial object. I tried screen resolution but can't seem to make this work. It works fine on my older laptop. Any ideas?

Everything else works great! And Happy New Year!

When I drag a control from the toolbox to the hmi area, I then try to size it with the grips and only get a partial object. I tried screen resolution but can't seem to make this work. It works fine on my older laptop. Any ideas?
I'm going to take a guess at this as being the DPI setting on the new PC. In the display settings, there is a way to change the screen DPI. I found a link that shows how to do it in XP:

http://www.lawfirmsoftware.com/support/change_dpi_settings_xp.htm

Windows normally uses 96 DPI and if that changes, then it alters the size of the PNG files.

Let me know if this works because I may have to do a software fix to account for it.

That was exactly the problem. I was set at a high resolution and changed the DPI to make it easier to read on my old eyes...

Back at 100% it works perfectly. Thanks for the amazing and fast response. No need to change any code for me. I can work at this resolution.

vb2008 code for HMI project

hi archie

i am new in vb2008 code so i dnot kknow how i can i do ant project with source code for that then please give me link for that . i want to work on allen bradley micrologix 1400 and 1762-iq16

thanking you

i am new in vb2008 code so i dnot kknow how i can i do ant project with source code for that then please give me link for that . i want to work on allen bradley micrologix 1400 and 1762-iq16
These should help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-E8NlUNiX4

To use the Ethernet/IP driver:

1) Build the project
2) Drag and drop am EthernetIPforSLCMicro on the form
3) Set the IP Address
4) Now drag your components on the form

It is very similar to using with TwinCAT, except you use the Ethernet driver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHoPLYDVpa4

could it work with S7

Hi
great job,
could it work with S7 300
i have siemens S7 300 with profibus network "drive ,temperature controller and distributed I/O"
could i use it to monitor and modify the set point for the temperature controller over the profibus network?