uniop-model EK-04

johneedw

Hello all..
I've operator pannel UniOP model EK-04 . a problem occured with this pannel and then, i need to copy the software from a similar unit via a PC but i dont have the programming cable while i have the loader software (designer 6)..
please , advice me to the proper cable to connect this pannel to the computer , its pin diagram and is it a direct cable or need adapter?.. waiting for help!

Info from UniOP (universal operatop panels) MANUUNIOP18-v3.04-01.98:
page33: RS232
PANEL PC
1------------connector hood
2(RxD) --------------------------------------------------3 (TxD)
3(TxD) --------------------------------------------------2 (RxD)
5(GND) --------------------------------------------------5 (GND)
10(RTS) --|
11(CTS) --|
Be lucky...

EK-04 setting

Hello Volan..
Thanks for help..
But i need the details about the ignored pins of the right side ,i dont sure if we should make a short between or left open..
Also, how can i prepare the pannel to be in transfer mode for upload or download?.. is there some settings or some buttons to be pressed during this process?..
waiting for answer..

Hello, johneedw!
Right side --> PC com connector (RS232). It's clear. OK! Left connector is panel UniOP connector. Pins 10 and 11 are shorted. It's cross cabel.
1. Connect PC with Designer6 to panel. (On panel - PC/PRINTER PORT).
2. Switch panel to configuration mode.
(read Designer manual)
OR: "...press and hold the Enter key for a few seconds. The System Menu will appear. Use the arrow keys on the display panel to highlight the CONFIG selection in the top right-hand corner of the menu and press Enter." And "Note: If a project that uses passwords is locked out of Configuration Mode, enter 0007 as the password. This should allow access to Configuration Mode."
3.Go to Upload or download (F2 or F3 key).
4. Save the project.

old version

Hello Volan..
thanks for you..i've made the cable according to your reply and it work successfully, but a problem facing me with the project. i've upload the project from the functional one to destination one, but the destination one has a project inside.
now, learn me please how to erase the existing project to download the uploaded software from the first one ?
waiting...

Hello Volan
further to my question above, i uploaded the project from the functional one to another which have a project, but some error occured , then i tried to match the type of pannel in designer6 to be identical with the pannel type but i dont find this type(EK-04) while i found a type (ER-04) which accepted by designer6.but after that, i did a bad thing, i tried to erase the project from the pannel when i used both erase (protocol&project) from the TOOL of the designer6,then i made a new download to the pannel but the project has disappeared from pannel !i retry to download many times but without any benefit!.. the problem is that when i power on the pannel , the screen say"self test then uniop ver 4.40 operation mode) then every thing is disappear on the screen!
please help me....

Hi...
After connecting the cable to the panel, I usually switch panel to the CONFIGURATION MODE (see upper) and check the connection by pressing the F4 "Get panel Resources". I can see parameters of the panel. Then F2-Upload - save the project from the panel into the PC. This is my backup. Make changes in the project and Download to the panel.
================================
" the problem is that when i power on the pannel , the screen say"self test then uniop ver 4.40 operation mode) then every thing is disappear on the screen!" -
!!! NO in OPERATION MODE - UPLOAD or DOWNLOAD only in configuration mode!!!!
(press ENTER more 2s and etc....
===============================
Excuse me for my bad english!
---------------------------------------

dear volan

Dear Volan,
I did upload and download via configuration mode , all are well!.. but the problem is that when i download the project , the downloading in pc side is achieved successfully but the uniop screen become empty when download is complete!..when i turn it off and then power it on , the texts on the screen appear (self test ..the.. uniopver4.40 operation mode) then the screen become empty and no text or software appear on it!..
please help me ...also, what do you mean of ( make change to the project then downlad it)?.. why i should change it since both uniops are the same?

Tell me: do you want to copy the contents of one panel to another? Then clean the protocol and the project, huh? Do you have the offline project (on the PC)? Can you see it in Designer6? It's not empty, yes... Else - to use old version -> Designer5.05

yes volan

Yes Volan, i want to copy the contents of one panel to another. but i dontknow how to clean the protocol and the project!..learn me please..
Also, i cannt get your meaning of (huh? Do you have the offline project (on the PC)? Can you see it in Designer6? It's not empty, yes... Else - to use old version -> Designer5.05)!.. please again yours note clearly
waiting for your kind to reply..Regards

Hi, jogheedw!
-----------------------------------------------------------
huh = yes,
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Connect PC with Designer6 (or v5.5) to panel by cable.
2. Switch panel to configuration mode.
3. Press F4 ("Get panel resources"). (you'll see parameters of the panel.=> connection is OK!);
4. Press F3 (upload project from panel to PC).
5. upload is completed.
6. Save the project to the PC.
7. Unmount this panel and connect the other one.
8. Check the connection: press F4
9. Open your saved project and download it to the panel (panel is in configuration mode).
10. If all is OK, panel switch to the operation mode.
11. Game over.
You all right. There isn't your panel (type EK04 ) in list Designer v.6., type ER04. Can use old version 5.5. And select panel 4X20 .... i have old version. Write me icq: 222803315.
Regards.

Thank you

Dear Volan, Thanks for help. i've executed your steps and the operation has achieved successfully, the new one is working now.. aia'm very grateful for you..(y)

Another Problem

Hello Volan..
I told you that the uniop has working fine, but a problem facing me when i connect it to the(labling ) machine. the problem is that the program need some manual setting for some parameters of the machine such as(ON, OFF,Disable,Enable,2,6,..) but when i set each parameter to the proper value and press enter the value become a stars(****) while it must remain a text or a number without change !..Also, when i turn the machine off then on, the uniop loss all entered data(settings). The battery of the uniop is fine(HI) and there is no problem with it ..
Please Vlan, help me again and i'm sorry if i caused some disturbing for you sine you are the only one who can help me!
Kind Regards

for JESUS sake !

Hello Volan,
Please,for JESUS sake, help me for a uniop ek-04 operator panel, i'll tell you the problem above in another way:
The problem is that i copy the project from a working uniop( working in a machine having s7-300 plc) to a an identical new one via (Designer 6)program,but when i connet the new one to the machine,it is not work !..the project is successfully loaded to the new one and the normal menue of the project appears on its lcd display but it is not functioning with the plc!
i checked the firmware for both and found that the working one has ver 4.40 while the new one has ver 5.03..hence i repeat the download of the project according to this firmware but the problem stay(the uniop dont talking with plc)!.also, i've checked the configuration parameters for both and i've found a difference in the SYSTEM menu, the PLC line in the first is (PLC.....COMM ERR05) while in the new one is (PLC....COMM ERR15)!..but i dont know what to do to make it identical?
help me please

Hi, johneedw!
Check the connection of the new panel to PLC (for S7-300 ==protocol MPI/DP!!!): Cable and port panel are also MPI/DP, it is very important. Programmable port panel and the PLC communications port and its communication cables are different!
From manual v5.5:
Info: "18.5 - Simatic S7 - MPI
The Designer software offers support for the Simatic S7-300 and S7-400 family of
controllers. In order to use the MPI protocol, the user must have a panel with a -0044
suffix."

Regards....