You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 3rd, 2018, 11:23 AM   #1
bodoo23
Greece

Questions about modes of AC drives

Nowadays I have started to work on AC drives. I'd like to ask the questions below.

1-If we control drive positioning mode. I know we can set its positioning speed but is it possible to set its torque and make it go this position with a specific torque (without controlling speed)

2-I know we can set torque limits in speed mode but as I saw on a website , in torque control mode we cant set limit to speed. Is it right ? it sounds wrong to me.

Or these things can vary from brand to brand or (type of ac drives) ?

Thanks.
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #2
DickDV
United States

Actually three questions. All can be answered "yes". However, you are generally better off doing positioning with a servo. Trying to do it with a VFD is a stretch for the technology. Sure, various VFD manufacturers will promote their "positioning" or "semi-servo" programs for their VFD's but it's still a stretch.

Spend the money and do positioning with a servo. You will like the results longer.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum