help on RSView studio

yfcarer

I met a problem when I try to open the Tag brower in RSview studio.
The follow message displays: "AOA:AOAInitialize failed".
Anyone can give me some idea?

YFcarer

Look at the following tech note at www.ab.com in the knowledge base

E142940871 - The error message "AOA: AOAInitialize failed" appears when trying to open the Tag Database Editor

Regards

kevin

I spent over an hour last week with tech support on this problem.
There are many reasons that this can happen. My problem was with my Dell laptop. They had me register some files and after that everything worked. It seems that Dell does not install all files on its laptop to give it more speed.

What type of laptop are you using?

Hi Mark

I use a Dell 710 Laptop, XP SP2, had no install problems with RS Studio or any other RS Software for that matter.
Is this RS Studio V4 that is causing you grief?
You MUST follow the install sequence otherwise it bombs out

Regards

kevin

I have to agree with Kevin on the last point when installing/reinstalling RSView it's Studio, enterprise, factorytalk out and the reverse back on to your machine. I have a dell lattitude C820 but I'm upgrading to a new d820 sometime next week.

Also FYI my RSView studio died after installing wonderware 9.5 today (didn't have time to troubleshoot the problem so all I can say is thank god for system restore! Dodged a bullet on that one.

Thanks for all of your information.

I have found out the problem is occured by some mistakes in Tag folder.

Thanks GOD! It works now.

And I will pay attention to all your describtion, since mu computer is also DELL laptop --- D610.

Thanks friends!