Inductive Automation Question

mrtweaver

I was wondering if anyone here is using this product. I am using KepServer with it.

What I would like to do is take some of the KepServer._System tags and on a given moment in time send that data simoultaniously to all active PLC's. This would sync up their date and time settings.

Being the data on KepServer end is already in the correct format for the Horner PLC we are using the only thing is how to get the data from the Server to the PLC using Inductive Automations Factory SQL program.

So anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?

Call Inductive Automation Tech support, I find they are quite knowledgable and have always helped me solve an integration issue with there software

It's not too bad with FactorySQL. Here's how you'd do that:

1. Create a group
2. Set the update rate to however frequently you want to synch the clocks. You might do it daily, for example.
3. Drag in OPC items from Kepware that represent the clock in the PLC. The format doesn't matter. It could be 6 separate ints for MM/DD/YY HH:mm::ss, milliseconds since some date_time, a huge string, whatever. Make each item "read only", meaning that it doesn't need to be stored in the SQL database.
4. Create "Action Items" that will get the current date/time. These will be SQL queries that can use database functions to format appropriately.
5. Set each "Action Item" to write back it's value to the appropriate OPC item (PLC register) that sets the date_time.

Every time the group runs it will set the date/time of all your PLCs based on the date/time of the SQL database. You can set up multiple PLCs (different brands OK) within the same FSQL group.