CX-Programmer simulation problem

luisj

Hello,
I'm tryng use CX-Programmer to simulate a project made in SFC (grafcet).
When I force a transition ON the system goes to the following step, which is ok. The problem is that the actions assigned to the previous step should turn OFF (the outputs) and I'm not getting that.
I think that is because when programming such action I used the P_on (always on bit) as input, instead of assign the action to the step.
But I only mede that because the introduction manual for CX-Programmer (I'm a newbie) syas to do that way.
How can I solve this?
How can I assign an action to a step, in a way that when the step is not active the action outputs turn off?
How can I assign an adress to a step?
You can see a screen capture at http://mig.pand.googlepages.com/sfc1_forum.gif
Thank you very much for your help.

The reason for using P-on is that Omron PLCs require an input bit before everthing - you cannot just dump something on the page without the input bit.
Apart from that I am unable to help as I do not use SFC and probably never will.

Apart from that I am unable to help as I do not use SFC and probably never will.

I liken this to 'old dog new tricks'

Hi Bob,
Hope all is well. I haven't used the SFC yet either, have had a quick dabble here and there, I think Sleepy has used it. One thing I am not sure of, is how memory intensive they are. FB's can be quite consuming sometimes.

Hope somebody tell me why the outputs don't go OFF when the their step is not active.

Luisj,
Can you post your CX-p file instead, in english perhaps?
I have not used SFC yet, I went to on the last project, but the CP1H does not support SFC
icon8.gif
, had to do it in ladder instead...

1 note though, to me it looks like the outputs 10.02 & 20.02 are off, not on. Are these the outputs you are referring to?

Hello
Two things to check
1. The Properties of the Task...
Task.jpg

2. The properties of the Action...
Action.jpg

It's important to use these correctly - they can produce some 'interesting' results if the action scan twice, and you weren't expecting it!!

Just done first project with Omron SFC. It is BRILLIANT!

Pp

Edit:
After looking at your Gif, the outputs are off anyway and final scan logic IS applied. They are actually off...

Last edited:
Yes they are off Scott.
I'm terrible sorry to bother you with this.
I'm really dummy.
Thank you very much for your help.
All the best.

I liken this to 'old dog new tricks'

A very old dog - I just cannot see the sense in SFC at this point of time as it really does not suit my purposes. I am sure there are many out there who would find it useful though. Yes, I have had a play with it.