Some new HMI manufacturesrs are turning to Capcitive Touch Displays.

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
This post prompted me to ask you all for some help with my detective work.

As most of you know I work a lot with the GEIP line of PLC, PAC, HMI products. Their new QuickPanel+ HMI line has a Capacitive Touch Display and the marketing hype claims that it works "-even if the user is wearing gloves", however these gloves which do work with the older resistive screens don't work with the new capacitive ones.

Any ideas for similar gloves that will work with a typical Capacitive Touch Screen?

G3.jpg

Last edited:
This post prompted me to ask you all for some help with my detective work.

As most of you know I work a lot with the GEIP line of PLC, PAC, HMI products. Their new QuickPanel+ HMI line has a Capacitive Touch Display and the marketing hype claims that it works "-even if the user is wearing gloves", however these gloves which do work with the older resistive screens don't work with the new capacitive ones.

Any ideas for similar gloves that will work with a typical Capacitive Touch Screen?

I have a pair of mechanix brand gloves that are designed to work on touch screens. Got them from one of our reps. They say "Original Touch" on them.

They even have a no texting while driving warning on them!

Dave

touch glove.jpg