You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 6th, 2017, 12:56 PM   #46
LoganB
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Based on what I see, this is what your setup should be... Anyone more knowledgeable please chime in if I'm mistaken.

+24DC is going to your EStop, which appears to be a NC on your print based on the symbol. The other side of the EStop is going to R1 on your safety relay, and R2 is going to 0VDC. This is the circuit that closes the coil of the relay. When the EStop is NOT PRESSED (if it is indeed a NC like the print says), then your coil on the safety relay should be closed.

13>14
23>24
33>34

The top side of your relay SHOULD be your line (power in), either from your PLC outputs or from some alternate power supply. The bottom side SHOULD be your load (power out) going to you motor starter and whatever else you are controlling.

So if you want your output channel 0 to enable your motor, you need to run a wire from output channel 0 to terminal 13 on the relay, then run a wire from terminal 14 to the motor starter contact. You also need to run a common to your motor in order for that circuit to be complete. If that is all done correctly, you should have an energized coil on your relay and a working motor starter. If it is set up that way and you aren't getting your motor to turn on, you need to ring everything out with a meter to figure out where you are losing continuity. Do it in this order, your positive pole on the target and your negative on the common R2 screw of the relay:

1. Check that you are getting +24vDC from your power supply.
2. Check that you are getting +24vDC on the INCOMING side of your ESTOP when it is depressed (energized).
3. Check that you are getting +24vDC on the OUTGOING side of your ESTOP when it is depressed (energized).
4. Check that you are getting +24vDC on your R1 screw on the relay.

If that all checks out, then your coil should be closed. If it isn't you might have a bad relay. If it fails at any point, let us know which point it is.
Old October 6th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #47
LoganB
United States

Somehow I missed a whole bunch of posts. It seems like this is all correct and the only problem is that your EStop button is functioning as a NO instead of the correct NC. My suggestion would be to go to the stock room and a get a proper EStop and swap it out haha. Sometimes it makes more sense to just scratch an itch than to try and spend three days figuring out what's causing the itch.
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #48
backendcode
Canada

Sorry LoganB, I missed your reply! Thank you though and thanks to everyone for the reply!

We figured out the problem. Power supply connection to output card was loose! it's working now yay!!

I will post video of my working project
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #49
LoganB
United States

Hope you gave that electrical guy a good ribbing for that one
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:20 AM   #50
backendcode
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganB View Post
hahah it was pretty smooth
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #51
ScruffyNerfHurtr
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganB View Post
Luckily I do the programming and installation/wiring. So I can take it pretty easy on myself when I slip up. lol
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #52
backendcode
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffyNerfHurtr View Post
Luckily I do the programming and installation/wiring. So I can take it pretty easy on myself when I slip up. lol
lololol I hear yea!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum