You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 20th, 2017, 12:54 AM   #16
Waseem_Akhtar
India

Post Im also facing the same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suraj2k View Post
Hello,
I'm trying to build HMI screens on FactoryTalk View ME, for a RSLogix 5000 program.
The program is downloaded to RSLogix Emulate 5000, and is running successfully.
I opened FactoryTalk View ME, started a new project, opened Communications Setup, created a new shortcut called 'PLC', pointed the Design(Local) path to the Emulator controller.
I then hit 'Verify', and everything looks ok.
Now, I created a new display, threw in a circle, right-clicked, Animation, Color, Tag browser.
In the Tag Browser, I notice a dropdown for my shortcut, called 'PLC'.
The folder called 'Online' is supposed to list all my controller tags. However, it is BLANK!
So what did I miss? How do I get the controller tags to appear there? The controller tags definitely exist in the PLC.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much!
i also hv same problem, i tried so many things bt its still not showing the tags in that folder.
thanx in advance....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Demo.jpg (37.4 KB, 15 views)
Old October 20th, 2017, 09:24 AM   #17
LoganB
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

A few suggestions...

Make sure that you are communicating with the processor. Linx Enterprise (used in ViewME) will sometimes show you devices even though you don't have comms to them. Try pinging the IP address or looking in Linx Classic to make sure you can actively browse the processor from your station. If you can't, figure out why.

After you configure the shortcut (PLC) in the communications setup in ViewME, make sure you click the "Copy from design to runtime" button.

If both of those things are done and you still don't see tags, go back into the tag browser window and click the "refresh all folders" button.

Let me know if you still have trouble after those suggestions.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum