You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 6th, 2017, 01:33 PM   #1
AnotherPLCguy
United States

Assign IP Address to PowerFlex 523

Hello Experts,

I am a newbie in setting up the Allen Bradley PowerFlex drives and need to assign an IP Address to a PowerFlex 523 series drive which has the 25-COMM-E2P adapter - I know there is a way through the HIM on the drive but want to know how it can be done via CCW (Connected Components WorkBench) or RS Logix 5000 ?

Thanks!
Old November 6th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #2
VAN
United States

If you can access the USB port you could set it up with CCW.
Old November 6th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #3
AnotherPLCguy
United States

Hi VAN, Thanks for the reply! I can access the drive from the USB slot in the back but where in CCW do I assign the IP address ? If I hit the device properties tab, I do not see a communications tab where you assign the IP address. I looked up some videos on youtube which show it for a 525 drive and they show a communications tab where you can change it but 523 drive doesn't show anything like that - see attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (32.2 KB, 41 views)
Old November 6th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #4
VAN
United States

Hmm, I don't have a PF523 that I can pull up.

How about opening RSLinx and see if you can access the device properties.

I could also be wrong but from Rockwell it looks like you should be able to configure through the USB port.

edit - If you have access to the parameters you should be able to set these to the IP you want. Also, make sure to power cycle after making the change to make sure the IP stayed (also turn off bootp and DHCP).
EN Addr Sel(1) C128
EN IP Addr Cfg 1(1) C129
EN IP Addr Cfg 2(1) C130
EN IP Addr Cfg 3(1) C131
EN IP Addr Cfg 4(1) C132
EN Subnet Cfg 1(1) C133
EN Subnet Cfg 2(1) C134
EN Subnet Cfg 3(1) C135
EN Subnet Cfg 4(1) C136
EN Gateway Cfg 1(1) C137
EN Gateway Cfg 2(1) C138

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m001_-en-e.pdf

Last edited by VAN; November 6th, 2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #5
AnotherPLCguy
United States

With the drive connected to my laptop via the USB cable, nothing shows up in RSLinx for the 523 drive. Yes, I agree with you that from the Rockwell Manuals it looks like I can configure via the USB port but am having difficulties and hence I am here.
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:36 PM   #6
padees
United States

LOL, I am sure you will figure it out AFTER you read the manual!
Old November 6th, 2017, 05:01 PM   #7
VAN
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPLCguy View Post
With the drive connected to my laptop via the USB cable, nothing shows up in RSLinx for the 523 drive. Yes, I agree with you that from the Rockwell Manuals it looks like I can configure via the USB port but am having difficulties and hence I am here.
Do you have the USB driver configured (this should be in RSLinx) for the USB? (I don't recall this being added automatically.)
Old November 6th, 2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Helliana
United States

I haven't used a powerflex 523 with a 25-COMM-E2P, but from glancing at the manual and playing around in CCW, it appears the 25-COMM-E2P has parameters that are completely separate from the parameters in the drive. It looks like the two methods you have to establish initial communication is via the dip switches or bootp. After communication is established, you can connect via CCW and change parameters from there. I do not believe it can be configured directly from the drives configuration in CCW.

The 25-COMM-E2P is added to CCW by selecting "Multi-drive PF52x E2P" in the add device menu with all the drives.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum