You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 8th, 2017, 05:01 AM   #16
Kataeb
Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Kingsley View Post
I'm running Windows 7 professional 64bit directly on my laptop, and I've downloaded and install the WIndows XP mode virtual machine that Microsoft offers.

I can get RSLogix5000 Standard installed and then use Factory Talk for successful activation (I can see the activation listed in the current tab in FT). Yet when I start RSLogix from the Start button shortcuts, or by clicking on RSLogix5000.exe directly in the "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v17\Bin\", it tells me that activation has not been successful and I'm now in grace period.

I called tech support, but of course once I opened my mouth and mentioned that it is an XP VM, they kind of dropped it like a hot potato. At one point he asked me to locate some kind of SYS file located C:\, but it wasn't there.

Has as anyone gotten around this issue?

Kindly how did you solve this issue? Thank you

"character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones"
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum