You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back - Interactive Q & A > - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 22nd, 2017, 03:10 PM   #1

HMI Software request for input, Movicon.Next by Progea

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at all new PC based HMI softwares in an effort to find a good one that will replace our current long standing development software. We are currently using Lookout by National Instruments for a number of new HMI projects, and it has several existing bugs and no plans on putting out any version updates.

Price point is an issue. Some projects we would develop would have a large number of tags (Roughly 5000) and likely 100+ screens. Some software such as Ignition Pro or even Factorytalk look great, but we don't serve an industry that would warrant the cost.

It would also require the ability to have a high level of internal logic. Our current program uses several strategies to perform hundreds of miscellaneous math and internal logic commands.

My question is this: Has anyone used Movicon.Next by the Italian company Progea? By running the demo and taking some initial training it could be a good option that I had not found before and was recently featured as a good new option. I would like to hear if anyone has anything good or bad to say about it as even it's older version (movicon 11.5) does not seem to have a very large online presence or troubleshooting forum/section.

Link to control engineering website where it is listed as a 2017 award finalist.

Thanks in advance
Old November 22nd, 2017, 06:52 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

PeakHMI might be a good fit.
Good luck,

Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:22 AM   #3
United Kingdom

I've done several projects with 11.5 and have had a few hours exploring Next, which was enough to give me the confidence to quote a new project using it.
As with any software, you will always find things it doesn't do as well as others and things that it does better than others, what I will say, their support is very good. If they don't have an existing example of somthing you need already in their library, they'll write one for you.
Old November 26th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #4
United Kingdom

I have used Movicon 11.5 and it's brilliant, however did find the drivers a bit of a task so used kepware as I/O drivers using OPC the software is easy to use the basic scripts are certainly very powerful and without any prior knowledge had it running in no time it's cost effective. I had a scada system connected to a range of different makes of plc's (used kepware manufacturing suite) I would recommend it. as for the basic, I had to do a lot of work in collecting recipes from an existing SQL database, converting the data i.e. floating point etc. and downloading it to the plc's and it worked a treat
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum