You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #1
Rob S.
United States

Banner IVU Plus BCR - Ethernet Trigger acts like it is lagging behind at times

Good Evening ,

I installed a Banner IVU Plus BCR to check the barcode on cartons. This conveyor is running about 140 cartons a minute. I am using Ethernet to tell the BCR when to trigger. I am using a SICK laser sensor to see the carton. This laser sensor is a digital input to a ControlLogix 24 vdc input. I am then sending a trigger signal to the BCR.

The problem I have is the , it seems like I getting consistent signals from the SICK laser sensor , but the picture that the BCR shows the barcode to the left , right , sometimes center and sometimes just seeing the artwork on the box . The ones to the left , right and no barcode image are , of course failing .

I can't imagine that Ethernet is that slow. Lighting seems good. Do you think it would be best to trigger the BCR directly from the sensor ?

Thanks so much in advance,
Old November 15th, 2017, 01:26 AM   #2
tarik1978
Morocco

I think it's better to trigger the BCR directly from the sensor to avoid the delay caused by ethernet traffic and the plc scan time,make sure that the speed of the convoyor is steady
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:26 AM   #3
Baker in Virginia
United States

Thanks . That's what I think also. I imagine I just apply the 24 vdc from the sensor to the pink wire ( external trigger ) , correct ?
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:05 AM   #4
tarik1978
Morocco

Yes correct also the blue wire to gnd
Old November 25th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #5
tduke02
United States

Trigger latch

How do you have the Ethernet trigger programed? I am using a similar setup over Ethernet with no delay.

xic sensor input to bcr trigger latch

xic bcr trigger acknowledged to bcr trigger unlatch

Works every time.
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #6
Rob S.
United States

What else do you have on your network ? I have slot of Servo drives and a lot of data going back and forth. Once I tied the trigger sensor directly to the BCR the images and results are great.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum