You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM   #1
jholm90
Canada

FactoryTalk View SE Alarm Filter

I am looking to get some of the filters that have been setup for the Alarm/Event windows to be automatically selected when the window is opened.
I basically have a pop-up window available for every piece of machinery on the assembly line that has a trending chart and alarm history for that particular machine. The trending chart and every other element on the page shows the correct data because the pens uses a parameter (#1) to only show relevant historical data. Unfortunately the alarm log seems to default to show every piece of machinery set up - not the specific one that should be shown. I have broken up each machine's faults to use a specific group and have filters made up to show good data, however it is not auto selected when the window is loaded.

Is there any way that this filter can be auto applied via some macro or ??
Thanks..
Old November 30th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #2
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

There should be a way, and it probably uses VBA.

I've got an application where I have multiple clients all looking at the same alarm display, but when it opens, it automatically selects the filter that shows only alarms related to the area the client is in. The operator can select to view all, but by default, it only shows their area.

It was a while ago that I did this, so I can't remember exactly how. But seeing as I would have had to determine which filter to apply based on the PC name, I must have used VBA somewhere in there.

Have a look into VBA code and I'll see if I can't dig out the code I used later on.
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:54 PM   #3
thumperbs
United States

I no longer work for the employer so I cannot fish out an example for you but I believe I accomplished what you are looking for once by prescribing unique alarm severity values for different areas. I then used VBA to filter by those values based on the area I cared about.
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:09 PM   #4
jholm90
Canada

Thank you very much for your assistance - it led me on the path to success

For the documentation side here's what happened:

My alarm and event log viewer name is "Log Viewer". All of my events are sorted into groups that I'd like on the particular page.

I am able to pull the 'GroupNameHere' from a tag/parameter in the project file based on the window opening. I found that I couldn't put this code to activate while the pop-up window/alarms display was loading so I implemented a delay of 1 second and it activates the filter as desired.

The VBA code to be called for the alarm filter is:
Code:
LogViewer.WhereClause= "GroupPath = 'GroupNameHere'"
The time delay code of 1 second is: (Borrowed from the help file...)
Code:
    Dim PauseTime, Start, Finish, TotalTime
        PauseTime = 1    ' Set duration.
        Start = Timer    ' Set start time.
        Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime
            DoEvents    ' Yield to other processes.
        Loop
        Finish = Timer    ' Set end time.
Some of the other methods to filter the alarms may require opening the SQL Management Studio to get the precise column names as they don't all line up exactly with the names inside FactoryTalk Studio
Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:29 PM   #5
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back with the solution.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:49 PM   #6
Gabriel B. C.
Brazil

Filtro de Alarmes no sumário pelo tag desejado!

Estou precisando de ajuda para fazer um filtro no meu sumário de alarmes, gostaria de digitar o nome do alarme em um campo, apertar um botão e com isto filtrar no sumário somente o tag desejado. Sera que tem como me auxiliar neste processo?

Last edited by Gabriel B. C.; April 3rd, 2018 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Quando coloco para postar as palavras estão se alterando sozinhas
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum