You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 11th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #1
Paulx_42
United States

Pausing a timer in Crimson 3.0 software

Hello,
I am new to the forum. I have been using the Redlion Crimson 3.0 software for about 3 years. I have never had any luck pausing a timer. I have incremented and decremented timers but can't figure out how to pause one. I have a temperature that i am watching and if it drops by 2 degrees I want the timer to stop where it is until the temperature gets back up to where it should be then start the timer again. I have been working on taking a snap shot of the time and saving it, then reload that value back into the timer but it seems pretty cumbersome. Has anyone ever tried to pause a timer?

Thanks
Old December 11th, 2017, 08:23 PM   #2
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Are you doing all this logic in a Red Lion? This is really a job for a retentive timer in a PLC. Tell us more about the specific hardware you are using.
Old December 12th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #3
Paulx_42
United States

I agree that retentive timers in a PLC would be great. That is not an option at the moment. I am using a Graphite HMI, a Thermocouple input card, a discrete in/out card and 1 universal input card for an oven temperature. I am in the process or checking all the timers that come as part of the Crimson Control module that allow Ladder Logic, Function block and structured text program languages to see if they have anything like a retentive timer.

Thanks
Old December 14th, 2017, 06:57 PM   #4
Paulx_42
United States

Ok, FYI, I have found a timer similar to a retentive timer in the Crimson Control module functions. It is called a TMD. It is a countdown timer that stops when the input goes false. It has a reset input to put the counter back when it has finished.

Thanks
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum