You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 14th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #16
ingelm
Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by basharath View Post
Dear,
I made the cable and successfully communicated with s7200.and did the job,
thanks for this,

can we make MPI cable in the similar way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basharath View Post
Dear,
I made the cable and successfully communicated with s7200.and did the job,
thanks for this,

can we make MPI cable in the similar way.
Hello my ebglish is not very good let see if I understand all the post.

I Just need a RS232 - 485 Converter to make a PC/PPI cable?

an the 485 cable pin out is:

to conect on converter:

1 - Shield (also PLC logic common)
2 - GND (PLC logic common)
3 - Signal B
7 - +24V power from the PLC
8 - Signal A

and to conect to PLC is the same?

thank you for your help
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:51 PM   #17
ingelm
Venezuela

Thank you,

I did read and I need a RS232/PPI multi-master cable or a USB/PPI cable, then I have been reading on internet about it and I think RS232/PPI cable is a RS232 to 485 converter, Am I right? so Can I make my own cable? with a generic rs232/485 converter plus a 485 cable to conect to HMI?

In this moment I cann't afford to buy a Siemmens cable, I would be always thankful if you can help me a bit more about it.
Old December 15th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #18
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

ingelm

What are you looking to do? are you programming a PLC? then yes see what Jean posted and it will work, he is the one that help me to make one of our first cables.... and now look at us (thanks Jean!)

That said if you are looking to make a multi-master you are going to need more than a 485/232 adapter

What is your time frame? I have some older cables and can send you one but you would need to pay for shipping, UPS is fast but not cheap
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #19
jvdcande
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
... then yes see what Jean posted and it will work, he is the one that help me to make one of our first cables.... and now look at us (thanks Jean!)
Wow! Thaks Mark. I never realised I was on the root of your succes. Never the less, you did it. I only planted a seed, you got it grown into a tree. And you did a very fine job at it.
Gasthuisstraat 31 - 10e verd
B-1000 Brussel
Belgium
Old December 18th, 2017, 06:51 AM   #20
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdcande View Post
Wow! Thaks Mark. I never realised I was on the root of your succes. Never the less, you did it. I only planted a seed, you got it grown into a tree. And you did a very fine job at it.
Thanks Jean, yes you and several others (Steve, Ron, Russ, Mark and many others) I was a member for about 5 years before I started my business and it was most of the members here that helped build it, I still sell products made by members from here.... I dont think a lot of my sales come from this website but the support definitely does, this is one of the reasons I come here and try to pay some of it back

I use the search more than probably any other member and the answers I have received from Ken, Mickey, Bernie, JesperMP and many others is unheard of and they have all helped more then they know and Phil for having the site to begin with .... I owe lots of beers
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum