You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 17th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #1
3wheeler
United States

Unknown compiler error

I have the RSLogix micro-starter lite free software version for the AB micrologix 1000 and 1100. We have 30 or more 1000s at our site. I have successfully connected to several of them with my laptop but some of them I can't. I can establish comm with rslinx but when I try to go online with rslogix I get "unknown compiler error" Can someone help me? Thanks
Old December 17th, 2017, 07:08 PM   #2
Bullzi
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Hi and Welcome to the Forum,
If you check out the Knowledge Base article #8711 it will give you some ideas.
You will need a Tech Connect contract to access this article.

Basically is says that you will need to get a good offline copy of the program. Set bit S:2/4 to a 0 and then download to the processor.

Something to do with that bit is causing your issue. There are other possible solutions but that one was marked as SLC and Micro 1000 only so I would do that first.
Old December 17th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #3
3wheeler
United States

Thanks Bullzi for the reply. I'll try your suggestion when I get time. My manager is a machinist by trade and don't understand that you can't troubleshoot and repair modern machinery with a screwdriver and pliers. I've been trying to get him to get me RS logix 500 for several years but to no avail. That's why I'm working with the free version.( With my personal laptop!) I'm sure he won't go for purchasing a tech support contract. Thanks again!!!!
Old December 18th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #4
Bullzi
United States

Not a problem, glad to help. I know the subscription is expensive but if you are going to be working on these units as a normal routine it is money well spent.

As I understand the rules of the Forum, Rockwell frowns on us posting Knowledge Base articles in full on this site but we can "Paraphrase" the article to give you the important info. Otherwise I would have just copy/paste the article and we would have been done. So come on back and post again in you need more help.
Old December 18th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #5
dmroeder
United States

I PM'd you a paraphrase 3wheeler.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum