You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 29th, 2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Scottryan03
United States

1769-Ascii Module Help-Pinout??

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some help on this dreaded 1769-Ascii module. I have been doing a lot of digging on this module in the forum and on Rockwell's website.

I am trying to receive an ascii string from a scale. I was able to bench test this on an older obsolete compactlogix using the processors' serial port with perfect results.
Now with the L24er-QB1B I am having issues with the 1769-Ascii module. I am not receiving any data from my scale. I have my logic setup exactly like the examples in the manual. Digging into the pinout. It looks to be a null modem rs232, but with pin 7&8 jumpered at the 1769-ascii module. My thought is to buy a breakout board and connecting it to the module and connecting it per the manual pic attached. Would you agree?
Any pointers would be great. Really struggling with this one. I'm very curious why the module is so different from the processors' serial port.

Thanks,
Scott
Attached Images
File Type: png Pinout.PNG (36.5 KB, 20 views)
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Scottryan03
United States

Thread can be closed. Solution found.
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #3
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottryan03 View Post
Thread can be closed. Solution found.
Can you share the solution?

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum