Sameca Barloader MUZ 680

Logix_Stef

Morning peeps,

a disaster happened: when poering up a Sameca bar loader the PLC failed. It is a Telemechanique TSX17 PLC with a memory module. The RUN led is flashing, indicating that the PLC is in stop. I can't restart the PLC. As the manual suggested I tried with input 0.0 but this did not work. I suspect the memory module is corrupt. The OEM went into liquidation some years ago. I have no programming software and no lead. I take my chance and ask: has anyone got a print out of the program for this particular machine? I don't know what else to do. Rewriting the program from scratch will be a nightmare as I don't know exactly the operation sequence of the bar loader, it communicates with a Takisawa CNC lathe which makes matters even more complicate. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

1st of all, I know very little about this plc. PL7-2 software should be able to program it. I would recommend that you Google PL7-2 for links to Schneider-Electric as they covered the TSX17 last. I found many hits for manuals, so, one of them should have info on the comms setup. My guess is that an old computer with DOS based OS (Win98) or earlier will be needed. I'm also guessing that a real RS-232 serial port on the computer will be required. Steve Bailey may be able to help if he see this thread. Maybe I can help you find some PL7-2 software for the computer if you cannot locate any.

Hi jrwb4gbm,

I tried to locate the software but no success. The other problem may also be the lead, however I could gather some info on how to make one.
The software may be running on DOSBox. I had success with old Allen Bradley software and DOSBox. I contacted Schneider in the UK but they could not help me either. I am pretty stuffed at the moment. The machine is still down.

Problem solved (yipeee) I found on ebay a handheld programmer TSX T317 which let me put the PLC back into run mode. Odd thing, really as I would assume on power up the PLC goes into run mode by default.

Back
Top Bottom