You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM   #1
The Plc Kid
United States

Factory Talk View SE Errors

I am trying to edit a factory talk view se application V5.10 and when i try to delete some objects and save i am getting this error.

Unable to Load Active X control for display 10-Press Parameters

Cause RsView 32/SE Idle Detect Control : Activex control not found on your computer.

Cause RsView 32/SE Idle Detect Control : CAB File Missing on the server : http://localhost/RSViewActiveXContro...eDetectocx.CAB

Any Ideas? I have never seen this happen before.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:45 AM   #2
rdrast
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

It means what it says. For whatever reason, some VBA or object on a display is looking for an ActiveX DLL to handle (guessing) Idle state detection. Since FTView SE is basically a glorified web browser, it supports automatic installs of ActiveX components (depending on your IE Security settings too).

ActiveX installs are made by archiving a DLL file and an INF file into a CAB file, and sticking in that directory for FTView SE to find.

Look First, Ask Second!

Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM   #3
jkerekes
United States

You need to install the RA idle detect utility. It's a free download.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM   #4
The Plc Kid
United States

Got it and installed it. How do you configure the idle time amount. I see no way to access the utility from start/programs,etc?
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:02 PM   #5
jkerekes
United States

As I recall, since it's an ActiveX control, a instance of this control must be placed on a .gfx screen that is always running. This could be a header bar on top of the screen for example. In the grafix editor once the control is installed, you can brouse to it to place it on the FTView screen editor ActiveX toolbar. Once on the screen, you can right click on it to set the properties. There should be documentation that come with the download which explains it's operation.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM   #6
The Plc Kid
United States

I downloaded it from KB document 23830. There was no documentation with it and that is the only place i found it on the AB site.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM   #7
jkerekes
United States

From TN 48268:
  1. Either create a new display or open an existing one
  2. Go to the Display Settings, select "Yes" for Cache After Displaying, check the box for Always Updating, and click OK
  3. Add the RSView32/SE Idle Detect Control to the display by going to the main menu in Studio, selecting Objects and then ActiveX Controls
  4. For RSView SE: Right click on the ActiveX object, select Property Panel, and click on the Connections tab. For RSView32: Right click on the ActiveX object, select the ActiveX Property Panel and click on the Properties tab.
  5. Interval is where you can specify the amount of time in seconds of no user input before the control changes the IdleState property. So enter a value and close the Property panel window.
  6. For RSView SE: Right click on the ActiveX Control object again and this time select ActiveX Events. For RSView32: Right click on the ActiveX control object again and select Animation > ActiveX Control > Events.
  7. Attach a command or macro to either the EnterIdleState or ExitIdleState events or both
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:32 PM   #8
The Plc Kid
United States

Thanks
Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM   #9
vikram_ekhande
India

Unable to download Ra ideal Utility ..PLease send free download link
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum