You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:15 PM   #16
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Toss your PainelPuke in the trash bin and buy a red lion HMI. Seriously, you will save so much time and frustration, it will pay for itself in next to no time.
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:38 AM   #17
Slwagner73
Supporting Member
United States

While tossing the "PanelPuke" in the trash may sound like a good idea to you, it is by far not a reasonable plan. I am trying to make some replacement set up's for when our equipment fails and it has "legacy" parts in it that need replacement.
I come to these sites for help, not smart a** comments about products.
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:59 AM   #18
John Morris
United States

Easy Mr. Wagner.

Okie was just leveraging an opinion. And he's entitled

Doesn't mean you have to show your colors yet.

He's had patronage on this site for quite some time Posts: 9,464.

You: Posts: 7

We understand your frustration, and if you maintain a politeness and tolerance, someone will have an answer you can use to correct your issue.
Old January 27th, 2018, 08:15 PM   #19
Slwagner73
Supporting Member
United States

So, it would seem that no matter which way I try to do it, I can not compress the .ACD file enough to upload it.
But I can put the CCW file and the Ethernet routing picture here.
So, if you guys have any idea how to make the .ACD smaller, so I can up load it. That sure would help.

Zipped Trial Screen_1.zip

Scott
Old January 27th, 2018, 08:23 PM   #20
Slwagner73
Supporting Member
United States

Well now, Maybe a little time with the search function will help.
I have saved it as an .L5K file, and voila, it's a lot smaller.
Maybe now this will help to make sense of my problem.

Trial_PLC.zip
Old January 29th, 2018, 01:06 PM   #21
OkiePC
United States

I don't have Studio 5000 version 24 installed on my PC yet, so cannot import the L5K file.

What version of CCW are you using? I have version 8.00 and it gets an error trying to open the zipped trial screen.
Old January 29th, 2018, 01:40 PM   #22
Steve Etter
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I opened your project and the only thing I see so far is that the IP address for the processor doesn't show. This may not mean anything since it's an offline project for me so it may not show up as such.

How did you go about configuring the processor's IP address and can you post a screenshot of that while you are online with it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IOTree.JPG (32.2 KB, 41 views)
Old January 30th, 2018, 08:33 AM   #23
BlueAltezza
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwagner73 View Post
While tossing the "PanelPuke" in the trash may sound like a good idea to you, it is by far not a reasonable plan. I am trying to make some replacement set up's for when our equipment fails and it has "legacy" parts in it that need replacement.
I come to these sites for help, not smart a** comments about products.
His comment is valid. Think of the headaches you're going through to set up just one screen...

CCW and that Panelview screen are awful, there's no nice way to say it. You're going to go through hell getting this one to work and what happens when typical AB bugs appear with different firmwares or software updates? Or you're on vacation / leave the company and the next guy has to deal with it? You're going to re-visit this hell and the nightmare will never end.

It's not unreasonable to go with a more reliable HMI package - as stated Red Lion is one of the best. You would have been up and running already. If your company is brainwashed by AB then have them pony up and get FT studio/PV 700. You'll still be up and running in no time!
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:31 AM   #24
LoganB
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAltezza View Post
If your company is brainwashed by AB then have them pony up and get FT studio/PV 700. You'll still be up and running in no time!
+1 to this. Not a good idea to be both stubborn and cheap. FTViewME is a great HMI package imo, and I never have problems getting programs up and running with it. Red Lion is also a great package.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum